X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craftyladysam
    replied
    Re: Circle Quilt

Hey Suzi, love your quilt! The colors and shapes are so much fun!

Leave a comment:

• pdjewelrylady
    replied

Originally posted by Lola2Ace View Post
    afraid a fusible may feel a bit stiff, so that's keeping me from getting it started . I have such a problem with making decisions!
    Lola
    LOL me too......so many great ideas sometimes it is hard for me to decide which to do first so i just look some more! ahahahaha

correct me if i am wrong someone but i think with the wonderunder it will loose most of the starching after it is washed. so will not be so stiff......

Leave a comment:

• janluna
    replied

Good for you Suzi. I love what you did with the quilt. And it is a 6 inch circle for who ever was wondering if she got it right. Yes 6 inches. I'm making it from what I remember from Jenny's tutorial and Suzi was kind enough to send me the pattern. So thank you to both of you. I do love what Suzi did to her quilt though. Love to all, Jan

Leave a comment:

• pdjewelrylady
    replied

Hi Lola, i diid the first couple with the raw edge but didnt like the result so did a zigzig and blanket over the edges. i will go over again when quilting because afterall it IS for a boy! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Lola2Ace
    replied

Suzi, I love your shape sorter quilt! What a great idea, and it will be a learning tool for your Gbaby with all of the shapes and colors too! He will love this quilt!
    Did you do the raw edges, or did you use a fusible to attach them with a decorative stitch??
    I am trying to decide between the 2 for a quilt for oldest DD. I don't think she would like the fraying on a raw edge one, but I am afraid a fusible may feel a bit stiff, so that's keeping me from getting it started . I have such a problem with making decisions!
    Lola

Leave a comment:

• Shirley
    replied

What a cute idea!! So bright and colorful, I really like it.

Leave a comment:

• jrchapman
    replied

What a fab idea!

Leave a comment:

• pdjewelrylady
    replied

Completly inspired by this conversation and encouraged by Janluna in her desire to create a Circle Quilt....... but for me all circles was not as much fun as what I will call my "Shape Sorter quilt" ........ for my little gbaby nathan Everyone is welcome to copy to your hearts content....... happy happy ......
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• pdjewelrylady
    replied

here ya go...try this......

Jenny used the easy circle cut ruler and cutter which are both available in the shop. a moda white layer cake and another layer cake of your choice (rather than yardages and cutting the circles from templates)......
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• patticakes
    replied

Yes I saw it in that issue also. I can make a copy of it for you Jan if you like. Let me know.
    Patti

Leave a comment:

• Carol_Ann
    replied

Hi, Jan!
    I think you might be looking for the raw edged, appliqued, circle quilt shown in the Better Homes & Gardens summer 2010 copy of QUILTS & MORE . Hope I could help.

Leave a comment:

• Texsam
    replied

She showed the magazine the quilt was in. It was in the Quilts and More - Better Homes & Gardens - August 2010. Unfortunately they are sold out of it at MSQC. If I remember correctly she cut the inside circle 6 inch. Though it may have been 8. Sorry I can't be positive.
    Last edited by Texsam; October 22, 2010, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kathym
    replied

I am sure this has been addressed before, but I am confused. If you purchase the pattern, not copy it from a link or book, does the pattern not belong to you? And, if you use parts of the pattern, and redesign parts of it, is that still considered infringement?

Leave a comment:

• patticakes
    replied

That's just crazy! Just like saying "oh I invented the 9 patch, cathedral window, flower basket...etc"! Geesh....some people are just cry babies! Like any of us could not just think up a simple quilt like that. If I was going to copyright something it would have been more creative than sewing a circle to a square!
    Really gets my goat!

Leave a comment:

• janluna
    replied

Thanks Lola. I guess some lady pulled the that's my copy write pattern on Jenny and made her take it off. What a dummy doesn't she know Jenny could help her make it just by doing the tutorial. And you have to prove to me it wasn't Jenny's idea in the first place.
    Quilters are sharing people not back biting witches. Prove to me it isn't Jenny's idea first.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X