Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you make your quilt labels? Do you label your quilts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you make your quilt labels? Do you label your quilts?

I admit, I've never labeled a quilt. I should start I suppose.

How do you all make your quilt labels? Do you just write on a white piece of fabric with a Sharpie pen? How else would you make a label?

Thanks.

Gayle
    Gayle

Re: How do you make your quilt labels? Do you label your quilts?

I ordered something kind of like this, but I have never used them because I was wondering the same thing. Should I write/embroider, then apply to the back?

Comment

Sometimes I use the inkjet printer cloth and print them....then press with a hot iron to set the ink. Sometimes I make my own with left over fabric from the quilt...then I use a black pigma pen to write on them, which I also use a hot iron to set. Here is the pen http://www.missouriquiltco.com/pigma...k005-49-m.html

Some people embroider them...I haven't tried that yet.
      Shirley aka buckeyequilter
      I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Joy, I like the idea of that quilt label panel. Might order one. Thanks.

Shirley, I actually HAVE one of those pens in my quilting supplies. Never was sure why I had it. When I first started quilting I would buy just about anything the quilt shop owner suggested...thought I needed EVERYTHING. LOL. I've calmed down a lot since then.

Now I know what to do with that pen...I was wondering about it just the other day. Ain't old age fun!!???

Gayle
        Gayle

Comment

I started a thread on this not to long ago. http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...ghlight=labels

I'm either buying from Etsy or dusting off my embroidery machine. I totally forgot about this :|
          "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

That etsy looks like a good alternative. I may order some labels from there.

Gayle
            Gayle

Comment

Gayle, Try looking up quilt labels on youtube. They have a few videos on different ways to do them. Several forum members have pictures of the quilt labels they have made in their albums but right now I can't remember who. I have one in my albums........first one I made. It's not perfect but it turned out okay.
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

This is a nice article

http://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2011/how...a-quilt-label/

Printer directions

http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quil...nd-a-giveaway/
                "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Working...
                X