Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread

Do you need to use a special thread just for quilting, If so what is a good one? Thanks everyone.

Re: Thread

I think it's one of those preferences when it comes to thread. I use a 50 wt to machine piece, haven't really started machine quilting. I have used Gutterman (sp?), Connecting Threads and some other I can't remember the name of. I just started using Aurifil and I really like it.
    Shelia

Comment

If you are hand quilting use YLI quilting thread. If by machine any good cotton thread is fine.
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

I use either Guiterman's (sp) all purpose thread or Coats & Clark Dual Duty 100% Cotton thread for piecing my quilt tiops and they both seam to hold up good. I have someone else that quilts my quilts for me and I'm not sure what they use.

Comment

I only use 100% cotton 50 wt thread for my machine and YLI for hand quilting. YLI makes hand quilting easier since you don't have to prep your thread...it's already coated. And the cotton thread just makes for a nicer quilt. Your fabric is going to shrink a little and if you use a non-cotton thread it won't shrink and may even eventually start cutting through your fabric.
          Michele

Comment

Working...
          X