Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you in a "Fabric of the Month Club"? Do you like it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you in a "Fabric of the Month Club"? Do you like it?

Good morning!
    I'm wondering if any of you are members of a monthly club where you pay $$$ then receive fabric each month? I've seen them where it's a Jelly Roll, or Charm Pack, Layer Cake etc. Once you pay the fee plus shipping it looks as though it's well over $10/yd.
    Some folks say it's the ugliest unsold fabrics, some like the grab bag feel . . . how about you? Is it worth it?

Re: Are you in a "Fabric of the Month Club"? Do you like it?

I've been tempted, but then I have a huge stash already, and would rather choose the fabric that I stash, rather than have someone else choose it. I did go for fabric.com's 3 pound pack once, and I got some really nice fabrics, yet, I don't think I've used one scrap of it yet.
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; October 27th, 2012, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Ditto on Jean. Although I can say that probably 2/3 of my yardage stash are not fabrics I have chosen - but those picked up in thrift store grab-bags. Believe me, if I saw 3-4 yards of quality fabric with 20 other pieces and they only wanted $5 for it, I bought it. I also have a huge stash of precuts - but all of those I have picked for myself - just wish I could pick the time to use them all up so I could get MORE!

I do enter contests where the prize is something I'd like to have. Like this one: http://ck.upickem.net/engine/YourSub...ontestid=65982
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I have been thinking about this lately, but like others I'm afraid of getting something I wouldn't use. Scarier is that some say up front no guarantee on the size of pieces. Other sites say "can be returned" but that's at your cost to ship back. If you do try it let us know.

Comment

Thanks for info . . . but to be honest . . . I don't think I've ever won anything in my life!
          I never see those bags for only $5; and these clubs prices are no bargain considering you might hate the fabric!

Comment

Lulu, Over $10 a yard seem like a lot for fabric that you can't pick what you want. I would watch thrift stores, estate sales & yard sales. I've never had luck at thrift stores for fabric but I have found quite a few pieces at estate or yard sales. Watch for sales & coupons for the stores in your area too.
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Oh for sure - I LOVE coupons! Just wondered if anyone was in any of these clubs that they like! I don't even pay $10 yard for the best of the best - I wait for sales and deals.

Comment

I was in a club years ago and only stayed in for about 6 months. I loved the idea of getting pretty new fabric in the mail every month, but the reality was I mostly got fabric I did not like. All of our tastes are so different. A fabric you love I might never think of using and vice versa. I wouldn't join one again. Much of the fun of buying fabric is looking and touching, comparing colors and prints. You lose this when you join a club. There are my two cents!
                Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
                X