Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

505 Basting Spray in Hawaii?

Hi All!

Wanted to know if anyone can help me find 505 Basting Spray in Hawaii, or know of any places that will ship to Hawaii. I have looked online (Amazon, Jo Anns, Sew For Less), but unfortunately they do not ship it here.

Thanks!

Re: 505 Basting Spray in Hawaii?

Ruby (HandsOffItsMine) would be the one to answer this question, as she lives on the island.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

What island do you live on. I'm on Kauai

Does it have to be 505? Ben Franklin carries June Taylor and some other brand.
      "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Have you called the local quilt shops? Assuming that you are on the Big Island, I've been to Kilauea Kreations (Volcano) and Quilt Passions (Kailua-Kona) when on vacation. If they don't carry it, they may have some ideas.

Martina
        Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric
        Martina (aka MadQuilter in other forums)

Comment

I looked at the allbrands site for you and it says that the item is a "No Fly" item. Here is the link with that info. I don't know if that applies every where or not.

http://www.allbrands.com/products/10...dhesive-8-5-fl
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

They won't ship aerosols by air, only by truck, or in Hawaii's case I guess they get their shipments by ship. You'd have to find a place there to buy it rather than order it online.
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Aloha,

You can email Andrew Blevins through [email protected] or 866-739-2568 and ask for him. He'll ship it to you via USPS Parcel Post. The only way to get aerosol cans to the Islands.

He will warn you that the PO will state that it can take up to 30 days to get here. My orders took an average of 12 days to get here both times. I just order three cans each time and when I get to the 3rd one, I place my next order. They sell for around $14/each. - Shipping is around $20.

Andrew is super nice and easy to deal with.

Ruby
              Director of Customer Service
              [email protected]
              Sewforless.com
              Hours of Operation
              Monday - Friday 9:30 - 50 CST
              1 (866) 739-2568
              Hours of Operation 9:30-50 M-F CST
              sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                What island do you live on. I'm on Kauai

Does it have to be 505? Ben Franklin carries June Taylor and some other brand.
                IMHO those stink horribly and kill my lungs/contacts. I order my 505 from sewforless.com - they ship to the Island via Parcel Post. See info in other post.
                sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Originally posted by HandsOffItsMine View Post
                  IMHO those stink horribly and kill my lungs/contacts. I order my 505 from sewforless.com - they ship to the Island via Parcel Post. See info in other post.
                  That's good to know!

I just called my Singer Discount Warehouse and they carry the 505 for $14.95. They are on most every island but I will send some to you if you want. I'm not good about lying though. lol
                  "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

maybe ebay to
                    These things, I warmly wish for you-
                    Someone to love, some work to do,
                    A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
                    And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
                    `*.¸.*´
                    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
                    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
                    http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Comment

Originally posted by shannonsaulter View Post
                      maybe ebay to
                      Most won't send US Parcel Post to Hawaii without charging you extra...like double the actual cost!

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                        That's good to know!

I just called my Singer Discount Warehouse and they carry the 505 for $14.95. They are on most every island but I will send some to you if you want. I'm not good about lying though. lol
                        There's no SDW here on Oahu, but a Singer of Hawaii...$24.95 for the small 5 oz can! I don't think so! I'll just get my cans from Andrew $14 for 17 oz. lol
                        Last edited by HandsOffItsMine; October 25, 2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!
                          @HandsOffItsMine, I will definitely email the rep at Sew For Less.

Thank you!!!

Comment

I live in oahu but visiting in minneapolis if u want I'll bring u some. I have looked everywhere can't find 505. Let me know. Mahalo
                            sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Working...
                            X