Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a Pattern for a Gift Idea

Good Morning Everyone!
    I just received another of my orders (hey, admitting you have an addiction is the first step to recovery right?) from MSQC and in it was the Make Due and Mend Jelly Roll and Charm Pack. I bought them for my cousin, who is teaching me how to quilt, and I want to make her a gift for x-mas using them. The problem? I have absolutely no idea what I can make with a charm pack and a jelly roll, and I don't know what pattern would be nice for a woman who likes country-style decor. Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance-
    Shaylene
    "Quilters live pieceful lives"

Re: Need a Pattern for a Gift Idea

I forget the name of the pattern, but it turns out nice, where you border a charm square with a contrasting jelly roll strip to make a larger block, then sew the blocks together for a lap quilt. I know Jenny has a tutorial on it, and it turns out very "country" looking. I have that same fabric line, and someday will get to work on mine also. I think I'll make it for my sewing room day bed, which gets the leftovers of what doesn't work elsewhere.

I found the tutorial, it's called "A Quilt Made for the Garden of Eden"

http://quiltingtutorials.com/all/quilt-garden-eden/
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; October 7th, 2012, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
      I forget the name of the pattern, but it turns out nice, where you border a charm square with a contrasting jelly roll strip to make a larger block, then sew the blocks together for a lap quilt. I know Jenny has a tutorial on it, and it turns out very "country" looking. I have that same fabric line, and someday will get to work on mine also. I think I'll make it for my sewing room day bed, which gets the leftovers of what doesn't work elsewhere.
      Oooo I hope someone can recall what that is it sounds like fun and gives me a reason to buy a charm pack with coordinating jelly roll
      Bobbi
      :icon_rofl: Laughter is good for the soul
      And so are Martha's Cookies
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shaylene99 View Post
        Good Morning Everyone!
        I just received another of my orders (hey, admitting you have an addiction is the first step to recovery right?) from MSQC and in it was the Make Due and Mend Jelly Roll and Charm Pack. I bought them for my cousin, who is teaching me how to quilt, and I want to make her a gift for x-mas using them. The problem? I have absolutely no idea what I can make with a charm pack and a jelly roll, and I don't know what pattern would be nice for a woman who likes country-style decor. Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance-
        Shaylene
        but who wants to recover, anyway?? LOL

I don't have any suggestions, but I like Jean's idea.
        Donna

Comment

I got so inspired I dug out my Make Do and Mend stuff and played with it. it looks cute and very country using that pattern.
          I'll post a picture after church or later today when the rest of the day's craziness is over! Costume fitting for 35 people in 45 minutes, that means 1 minute and 15 seconds per person, won't that be fun!

Comment

I can just picture the quilt Jean refers to - but done as a rag quilt!! OOOhhhhhh!
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I made that quilt also from Jenny her tutorial, goes real fast and when you use 1 jellyroll and 1 charmpack you end up with a real nice size quilt.
              I did not use borders on mine, so it could be a little bigger if you do put on borders!

Have fun with your new project!!!
              Attached Files
              It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Klasien View Post
                I made that quilt also from Jenny her tutorial, goes real fast and when you use 1 jellyroll and 1 charmpack you end up with a real nice size quilt.
                I did not use borders on mine, so it could be a little bigger if you do put on borders!

Thanks for the visual! What a pretty quilt!

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post

I found the tutorial, it's called "A Quilt Made for the Garden of Eden"

http://quiltingtutorials.com/all/quilt-garden-eden/
                  Thank you so much! I love this idea!!! I'm also glad that I was able to inspire you

Comment

Thank you for the link Jean and thank you for the picture of your quilt Klasien! I think I may use this design myself
                    Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I did this pattern too for my mom's lap quilt. IMG_6211.jpg. It comes out very nice.
                      Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                      Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

I love that fabricline Megan, that is a very very pretty lapquilt!!!
                        I have seen it often in your album, but still it is my favorite colorwise, great job!!!!
                        It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Comment

I have the "Make do and Mend " charm pack and jelly roll and bought it just for that pattern...now to find the time to make it up...so many projects and so little time...funny how so many of us bought from that line!

Comment

Played with my charms and jelly roll today to take a break from costume making, can't wait til the costume job is done and I can just do quilts again!

make do and mend.jpg
                            Just 9 blocks but I think it is going to be cute!

Comment

Originally posted by Klasien View Post

Oh Klasien, I just love that!!

Comment

Working...
                              X