X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blondie
    replied
    Re: the binding tool

I have never done a stack and whack - the one posted earlier is wonderful! Some people just need to learn to close their mouth before they insert their foot. I am so sorry that there are folks who just seem to not appreciate the time, love, effort and thought that goes into hand crafted items. Good for you for carrying on!
    Blessings

Leave a comment:

• craftyladysam
    replied

Blondie---your table runner is beautiful! I love the fabric!! Great job!

Leave a comment:

• jrchapman
    replied

Sorry if my words don't quite make sense, I'm in the middle of a migraine

Leave a comment:

• jrchapman
    replied

These braids are all gorgeous. SusieQ anybody made me a quilt, even if it was the worst clashing colours in the world, I would treasure it for the love that had gone in to it.

That lady is obviously doesn't deserve them, stay here with us we would never be so mean

Your stack and wack is looking lovely too x

Leave a comment:

• quiltnut
    replied

How lovely where did you get the pattern for this from please? I also want the binding tool.

Leave a comment:

• ukquilter
    replied

Originally posted by SusieQ View Post
    One of them complained publicly about how the colors didn't match and I was so hurt, I wasn't thinking colors, I was thinking all the love that was going into the quilt for her.
    aww thats so unfair. something made with love should be appreciated no matter what. i hate to think what she says to her grand children (if she has any) on the pictures they bring home for her from nursery.

glad to hear she didnt put you off.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

I couldn't find the binding tool in my area so I just used my own math and old standard ruler. I would love to get the binding tool eventually. I've made three table runners so far - given two as gifts - here is one I am keeping for me. Needed a fall table runner. The colors are not quite as muted as this pic shows. I am a terrible photographer!

Leave a comment:

• Texsam
    replied

Love the pics. Have fun making your quilts! Be adventurous! Glad you're not letting one ungrateful person ruin quilting for you.

Leave a comment:

• NM Lady
    replied

Thanks everyone for the compliments! I too am a bit color challenged, so I buy those jelly rolls that have it all together for me. I tend to not pay attention to lights, darks, etc on a quilt, and I know I should but I like them all so I put 'em all in something if I like it and sometimes, it is a bit off. I was not ever conscience of this until a bunch of us ladies on another site made quilts for a woman and her 4 kids due to their house burning and we had so many blocks left I was able to put 2 more quilts together and we decided to give them to 2 of the ladies in the group that were have health problems. One of them complained publicly about how the colors didn't match and I was so hurt, I wasn't thinking colors, I was thinking all the love that was going into the quilt for her. I haven't let it stop me, and the good that came out of it was I am more color conscience now of what I use, which is a good thing!
    Back to the sewing table, I am off today, and working on a black and white paisley Stack and Whack from our own "Jenny". She makes it so easy to do this pattern! I love it!!! (Hope I am not out of line posting a pic here of it). If so please let me know and I will remove it.

Happy Sewing Day everyone!
    My goodness, I LOVE this. What a rude lady and what a kind thing for you do to.

Leave a comment:

• NM Lady
    replied

This is the friendship braid I am working on, I just ordered my binding tool a few weeks ago and am in love with it! Jenny is so inspiring, had to jump in and try it!
    Oh WOW!!!!! This is beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• ginampls
    replied

i love this thread. and folks are so ungrateful.... no manners. the friendship braid is coming along nicely. any way i maybe using my new binding tool soon.

Leave a comment:

• Lola2Ace
    replied
    Love that black and white stack and whack too!
    I went to a huge fabric shop with a couple of dear friends today. Made a promise to myself I wouldn't get much........well, you can all guess how well THAT went!! I did look at some batiks and it was like looking at them with a newfound respect! I didn't get any of them this time, only because I needed fabrics for other planned projects before I start adding them to my stash.
    SusieQ, I don't understand what is with people these days! How could anybody say something that rude and crude about a quilt that had been made for them!! Unbelievable.......I am so sorry for that.
    Laura, thank you so much for your compliment. I happen to think all of you on here are a dream as well!
    Lola

Leave a comment:

• pdjewelrylady
    replied

LOVE the friendship braid - beautiful colors! i see you are sashing as you go are you quilting as you go too? think that is how i will do mine (january project.....)

the black and white stack and whack looks pretty and fun !! are you planning to splash with a bright color?

so blessed to have you ladies on here - this is the first site i check in the morning and the last before bed! Love ya!!

Leave a comment:

• Laura108
    replied

Jan is right ...shame on that woman. This world is getting a little too mean. What happened to love....oh well we know we have it on this group and that is just fine with me
    Lola you are a dream i love your sense of humor ....
    We are women ....we can do anything with the help of our quilting family ....
    Hear us Roar.....
    I love your black and white

Leave a comment:

• janluna
    replied

That is so pretty. I love black and white quilts. Shame on that lady for saying what she did. I would have been so grateful someone cared enough to make me a quilt. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X