Sewing machine HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sewing machine HELP!!!!

ok so hears the deal....when im sewing my decorative pattern on my quilt..the little teeth on the bottom keep"sucking" my thread in and bunching up..if this makes and since to you all....im so aggregative right now..what an i doing wrong?????????? HELPPPP!!!

Re: Sewing machine HELP!!!!

not really sure. but this too has happened to me and yes... frustration....
    there could be a thread gob. jammed up in your bobbin . or fuzz . your know though air cans ,. give bobbin area a blast of air.
    it also could be your tension. gosh... i hate it when there is a mechanical malfunctions.

hope it helps.
    all the best
    Gina

Comment

Thanks..im glad im not doing anything wrong..and this is what its doing also.i had no clue it did this until i was done!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Have you checked your bobbin tension. Also if you dont have it in the holdrr going the right way it can do this. I hope these help.
        Have a blessed day in HIS name!
        PAULA

Comment

Tension, both top and bottom are the first things I'd check and yes the feed direction of your bobbin thread. The other thing I have had recently that resulted in a similar situation was to not have the needle all the way up into the shank. Oddly enough it still 'sewed' but gave this massive looping on the bottom, I would have thought it would touch on the bobbin and break but it didn't.

PS As Gina said check for fluff as well, get into the habit of cleaning out your bobbin area at least every time you change a bobbin and more often if using fabrics that fuzz.
          Last edited by Dragonfly; September 19, 2010, 07:04 AM.
          Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Thanks you all.. me and this new machine are not getting along lol

Comment

Are you using a walking foot or a freemotion foot? If you are using a walking foot, it will do bad things it you use anything but a straight stitch. (Trust me!) The only other thing would be tension, or a dirty bobbin case.
              ~Laurie

Comment

No im using the foot it calls for i think i was the tension bc i have been having problems with it!!

Comment

Hoped you solved your problem! I know how frustrating that is when you just want to relax and sew.
                  The first thing I always do is start with the simplest thing - re-thread the sewing machine and the bobbin carefully, if that does not work I start on changing other things and get out my manual.
                  Argg....good luck!
                  Patti
                  Patti
                  "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

how is it going? one time i got my bobbin spool in wrong. and then my tension was not correct. and then i had big fuzz gob then thread gob. then i was mad at myself.. and so check bobbin... rethread bobbin. take off plate. give blast of air. a dry q tip!!!. wipe down componants. use scraps to check tension again...
                    all the best
                    Gina

Comment

oh what machine do you have??
                      all the best
                      Gina

Comment

Nicole, another thing is to make sure your presser (or pressure) foot is all the way up when threading your machine. If it's not the tension disks are not open all of the way and your thread will not go in
                        them correctly and will cause stitching like that to happen.
                        I sure hope things get better for you! I am anxious to see that table runner when you are done!
                        Lola
                        :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Ginampls I have a brothers CS-6000i. and Lola thank you I did not know that That might be the problem! I alway put it down because its easier thread..i guess i will have to learn how to use the automatic threader

Comment

I have that one too!! i had this happen to me. i had my bobbin going the wrong way..... silly me.
                            love my machine. when i took my machine quilt class. my instructor had adjusted tension to 4. had me un do thread top and bobbin... take off thread plate. and blam... huge fuzz and thread gob... teacher had me change needle too. since then all has been well.

love this machine. gift from my in laws.
                            all the best
                            Gina

Comment

I can't seen to get the screw off of the needle did you have that problem? it's tight and won'y turn

Comment

Working...
                              X