Invisi-Grip by OMNIGRID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invisi-Grip by OMNIGRID

I had to go to the fabric store to get more material...luckily it was there and still on sale. While I was there though I picked up a product calleed Invisi-Grip.It is decribed as " a clear, non-slip material that is applied to the underside of rulers, cutting mats and templates. When pressure is applied while rotary cutting, InvisiGrip prevents your ruler from slipping and sliding. Simply cut to size, peel off carrier paper and apply to ruler." Has anyone every used it? I hate that my ruler slips most of the time so I thought I will give this a try.
    sigpic
    Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Re: Invisi-Grip by OMNIGRID

Hi Shauna, No I've never used it. Let me know how it works. How are you tonight?
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Originally posted by sally View Post
      I had to go to the fabric store to get more material...luckily it was there and still on sale. While I was there though I picked up a product calleed Invisi-Grip.It is decribed as " a clear, non-slip material that is applied to the underside of rulers, cutting mats and templates. When pressure is applied while rotary cutting, InvisiGrip prevents your ruler from slipping and sliding. Simply cut to size, peel off carrier paper and apply to ruler." Has anyone every used it? I hate that my ruler slips most of the time so I thought I will give this a try.
      I've used it and it really helps me. I have put it on most of the rulers I have.

Comment

Oohh I want to try to find some! With my bummed shoulder I really have troubles now. Let me know how it helps you!

Comment

oooo I really would like that too Im a slipper...
          One Moment at a time

Comment

I have it on all of my rulers. I like it because, unlike sandpaper dots, you can see through it everywhere. It doesn't matter how big or small your fabric strip is, it will still hold. You still have to apply some pressure when cutting, but not as much.
            I did cut Invisi-Grip a hair smaller than the actual ruler so I could still use my rotary cutter without snagging an edge. Work the air bubbles out from the middle with a warm washrag if youa re having trouble. I have had mine on for about 5 years now and have had NO problems with any of the edges peeling up or anything. (I probably should not have said that. They will all be curled up in a heap by morning. ;o)
            I do wipe the surface off with a damp rag every 6 months to a year. That seems to help keep it grabbing the fabric a little better. I still have quite a bit left, and should really put it on the backs of my acrylic templates. I would just rather be sewing.
            I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I need to find this. Where did you buy it?
              Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I purchases it at Fabricland which is chain of fabric stores here in Canada. They had in in the quillting supply section but if you go online you may find it closer to you.
                sigpic

Comment

I will have to keep my eyes open and try to find this gripper. I have had just a bit of trouble with my ruler slipping, but have been trying to press harder with my open hand and it's getting much better, but this would make it even easier without having to press so hard. I am quite vertically challenged, and getting leverage is a bit difficult since they don't make cutting tables for shorties! LOL
                  Lola
                  :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

I am not vertiaclly challenged just challenged...lol Ever since my cutter slipped and I cut myself (had to get a tetnus shot) I am a nervous cutter. I am going to put on the product this morning and have a few strips to cut so I will let you know how it goes.
                    sigpic

Comment

Maybe it will keep the yellow/green from wearing off too.

Comment

Well I put the product on with lots to spare for other rulers ( I used it on my long 6 inch wide ruler) and it works great! You do not need all that extra pressure and it didn't slip. Cut 3 21/2 strips with no slipping!
                        sigpic

Comment

Glad you had success!
                          I think I bought mine at JoAnn Fabrics or possibly Hancocks. It HAS been over five years. In either case it looked like it had been there a while.
                          If you hang your rulers by the holes in them, remember to cut out the holes BEFORE you hang them up the first time, or cut the material to miss the hole. My ruler markings are in perfect shape.
                          My cutting mat, on the other hand, may need to be replaced this Christmas. I have flipped it once already and I have about cut the measurements right off the surface of it. That sounds like a topic for a different thread though....
                          Be who you are and say what you feel
                          because those who mind don't matter,
                          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I have it on all of mine too. The older I get, the more help I need.
                            Pam

Comment

That sounds great, must have a look around and see if I can pick up something similar. I bought a gadget that has suction caps and a handle, its not really successful though.

Comment

Working...
                              X