fleece batting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fleece batting??

i have heard of some of you all talking about fleece batting. i have been trying to look for some online to order for my table runner..can some one give me some info on it and where to buy it?

Re: fleece batting??

Just use fleece. It isn't labeled "batting". We use it for 'thin' items. Just get some plain colored fleece where all that other fleece is sold. My store was out of white so I purchased very pale blue.

Comment

I have also used flannel or "outing" as Grandma calls it, for a batting. This makes for a very nice weight on summer quilts and other items that don't need a thick or poufy batting. The flannel stands up to a lot of washing without bunching up. I like to use it on baby quilts since I know they will get a lot of wash and wear.
      As for the fleece, here the stores will call it polar fleece, or anti-pill fleece. I have used the cuddle fleece as a backing for baby blankets. The cuddle fleece has a pile on one side and more standard fleece on the other. Most of those have been made of flannel so they are super snuggly on both sides.
      You might want to watch the cost though. Unless you find the fleece on sale, you may end up paying more for that than you would for some of the thin battings by the yard.
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Yes, I forgot to tell her that I like flannel as well. Just PREWASH the flannel. That stuff shrinks--alot!!

Comment

Thanks ladies!! Im going o go to the store and pick which is on sale of cheapest!! Now if i could only figure this sewing machine out ill be on my way! lol

Comment

Working...
          X