Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with 12 1/2" tall 60 degree triangle ruler!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with 12 1/2" tall 60 degree triangle ruler!

I'm not sure why, but for some reason I HAD to have this ruler! I only have ONE pattern (Chopsticks) that I can use it for. Does anyone have any other patterns for this size ruler? An all over triangle pattern or a bunting looks pattern or anything? I have googled it many times for patterns and can only really find sites that sell the ruler.
    Thanks guys!

Re: Help with 12 1/2" tall 60 degree triangle ruler!

Kaliedoscope quilts use that kind of ruler. It's on my bucket list but haven't found time to actually try it (this will cut a 6 sided kaliedoscope patch).

Comment

What kind is yours? Mine is the Clearview Triangle (pointy on all 3 tips) found at http://www.aliciasattic.com/

then there is the one by Creative Grids (it has the blunted edge at the top) http://www.creativegrids.com/

both have patterns on their sites you can purchase.

They also have video tutorials on how to use them.

Comment

Mine is the Clearview - but they only have books for sell, and not individual patterns for this ruler. I also went to Creative Grids, and could not find any patterns.
        But thanks!

Comment

There are a couple on this site. Not free, but a lot less than on the other sites I googled.

https://www.baysidequilting.com/stor...idproduct=1597

https://www.baysidequilting.com/stor...idproduct=1577

Here is a freebie that you could use it for (but they use a rectangle one with the 60 degree lines): http://magnoliabayquilts.blogspot.co...part-1_10.html

Comment

Thanks Katier! I saw the free pattern before, but honestly it seemed complicated (for me)! The ones on bayside look great! I wonder if it is the 12 1/2" ruler they are using? I clicked on the link to buy the ruler to read about it, but didn't see what height the ruler was. I would guess I could email them. But i do like those patterns - thanks so much!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lulu View Post
              I'm not sure why, but for some reason I HAD to have this ruler! I only have ONE pattern (Chopsticks) that I can use it for. Does anyone have any other patterns for this size ruler? An all over triangle pattern or a bunting looks pattern or anything? I have googled it many times for patterns and can only really find sites that sell the ruler.
              Thanks guys!
              Sassafras Lane Designs, Diamond Alley Quilt Pattern
              Try this pattern I love it

Comment

I picked up Marci Baker's book ABC 3D Tumbling Blocks that needs a 60 degree triangle ruler in 8 , 10 or 12, depending on the pattern.

Comment

I think Bayside has a toll free #....they are just down the freeway 20 mins from my house. If you ever make it to Western Washington, it is definitely a shop worth going to!
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

60 degree triangles are my favourite! I have rulers in lots of sizes, you need to look at the ruler and think outside the box

Hexigons are made of 60 degree angles and or triangles. And cut the tips off to make more options. They make awesum tumbler quilts! And dont think because its 12" you're limited to big. Cut 4 1/2" strips!

Huggs, Pami

Comment

I think a 60* ruler would make great Christmas trees. Check out Jenny's tut for the wedge ruler. Could use similarly.
                      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi Auntiemern,
                        Like you, I love the idea of making a Christmas tree with Jenny's wedge ruler, I want to make it into a square block and cannot figure out how to do this - any ideas?
                        Thanks
                        NormaBeth

Comment

Working...
                        X