Christmas Table Runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Table Runner

I was wondering if anyone knew where i Could find a pattern of the Charm Pack tutorial of the table runner they showed at the end of it? I just love it and i am very new at quilting im teaching myself and i think i could make the runner but i need a little direction

Thank you all
    Nicole

Re: Christmas Table Runner

I don't have time to look tonight, I am so sorry...but if no one hops on and helps I will when I can!It's a holiday weekend so replies might be slow. I am sure you will do great on the runner! (I just have to take the time to figure out which tutorial you are talking about.

Comment

OMGosh! is it the one with Sara and she shows the quilt she was making from charm packs and then holds up the diagonal table topper?? That is too too cute! I must have missed this tutorial, and went searching after I saw your post! It also has cute stockings and a skirt at the end all from charm packs??
      I don't know of any pattern, but if you have the charm packs, or yardage to cut into 5" squares, it should be easy to follow the layout pattern on the video by pausing it and counting rows and blocks, then a rough sketch on paper may help you.
      Lola
      :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

It is very cute im going to try to figure it out by the video if no one can find anything on it! and he stocking is adorable im thinking about making one for my daughters first Christmas instead of buying one.

Thank you all
        enjoy your weekend

Comment

I agree with Lola, I haven't seen a pattern to that but if you pause it like she says you should be able to count the blocks fairly easy. I did look back thru their blogs (not all of them) and didn't see any type of discussion. Good luck and who knows maybe hillbilly will find something on it. Oh and welcome to the group!
          Shelia

Comment

Thank you as well for looking for me Im going to try it and im hoping it works out! and thank you im glad to be here i have been looking for a site like this for months and just happened to stumble on it a few days ago

Comment

This is the best quilt site on the web. And the people are so much fun and really helpful. Welcome and enjoy!
              Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Hi there and welcome. I do know that alot of the tuts they have arent on the website. If you go to youtube they have all of them there. You might be able to find it there. Good luck!
                Paula
                Have a blessed day in HIS name!
                PAULA

Comment

Thank you Janluna I feel very welcome and i am sure I will have a lot more questions for you all
                  and thank you middlesis I will check out youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Texsam View Post
                    I agree with Lola, I haven't seen a pattern to that but if you pause it like she says you should be able to count the blocks fairly easy. I did look back thru their blogs (not all of them) and didn't see any type of discussion. Good luck and who knows maybe hillbilly will find something on it. Oh and welcome to the group!
                    Someone please hold this screaming baby and I will attempt to write it out for you!

Comment

"Lullaby and good night...la la hmm hmm da da da ""...Is that helping calm the baby!
                      sigpic
                      Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Yes...well that and him nursing, so I am typing one-handed. I do have the runner figured out; I will type it later tonite when he goes to bed, if not before.

Comment

Aww I have a almost 8 month old.(geez where has the time gone) and she just went to bed she teething Music almost always works for her! And if you don't get a chance to do it its ok i wiil wing it and also i had to order a new machine bc i was in a car accident 2 years ago and now i can't use a foot pedal so i finally found a brothers that has a stop and go button and you dont have to use a foot pedal so im waiting for it to come

thank you all again for your help and kindness
                          looked on youtube and could not find it in case anyone wants to know

Comment

Originally posted by Nicole22654 View Post
                            Aww I have a almost 8 month old.(geez where has the time gone) and she just went to bed she teething Music almost always works for her! And if you don't get a chance to do it its ok i wiil wing it and also i had to order a new machine bc i was in a car accident 2 years ago and now i can't use a foot pedal so i finally found a brothers that has a stop and go button and you dont have to use a foot pedal so im waiting for it to come

thank you all again for your help and kindness
                            looked on youtube and could not find it in case anyone wants to know
                            Mine is 8 months old. tooth number 5 popped thru yesterday!

My brother has that, but I never use it! I like the feeling of being in control

Some are on here that aren't on you tube...and the newest ones on you tube aren't on here!

Comment

I think when I explain this it might come out clear as mud, but I'll try. In a few days (maybe Thurs?) I'll make up a quick one and put it on my blog for you. That is much easier as I can do step by step photos.

Don't worry, I'll give credit where credit is due and link back to MSQC. I'll probably embed the video. Well, I've just talked myself into it. I'll do that this week. But, I have to make the quilt, so to get you by until then, here are the basics...

*The runner consists of 8 rows.
                              *You'll need 32 charms and some backing which I haven't measured the amount yet.
                              *Start in the middle and work your way out. With each step, you will work out from the middle and sew one row to the top of your runner, and one row to the bottom of your runner. The middle two rows each have 5 charms. When you sew the middle two rows to each other, stagger them by one square.
                              *The next two rows working out from the middle each have 5 squares in them as well. Stagger just as before. You should now have 4 rows of 5 squares each, each staggered to the right by one square.
                              *The next two rows working out from the middle only have 4 squares each. (one at the top of the quilt, one at the bottom). This time you are going to sew it even with the left side on the top one you sew on, and even with the right on the bottom row you sew on. This makes it staggered on one edge, but not the other. (Look at the pic in the video)
                              *The last two rows only have two squares each. Sew one to the middle of the top, and one to the middle of the bottom.
                              *The quilt has no binding. This would be really hard to put binding on for a beginning quilter. Instead do 'pillow finishing'. If you don't know how to do this, I'll post a link to a tutorial in my blog about finishing this way. Only it's smack dab in the middle of another tutorial, so you'll have to read down a bit. I will also explain it on the tutorial I do for this runner.

http://hillbillyhandiworks.blogspot....-4-finish.html

Are ya confused?? Or did I help??

Comment

Working...
                              X