STUCK!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STUCK!!!

I was using temporary spray adhesive. Everything was going just fine for awhile. I would apply some spray and replace the cap. The next time I opened the cap to apply more adhesive, liquid glue was puddled on top of the can and spilled onto my work surface, hands, etc. I shook the can and it was completely emptied out. Needless to say, potty mouth erupted. OOPS!!! Does anyone have a recommendation for a good temporary spray adhesive? Obviously, I won't purchase this particular one, again. What a waste!!!
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Re: STUCK!!!

What kind were you using?

I've used June Taylor Quilt Adhesive with good results.
    SandyQuilts
    http://sandyquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by sandyquilts View Post
      What kind were you using?

I've used June Taylor Quilt Adhesive with good results.
      I also used June Taylor Quilt Adhesive. I've done two queen size quilts and one humungous king size (110" x 120") by hand. I'm still quilting the king size one and am amazed that nothing is moving even though I wasn't sure I had sprayed it very well: I had to put it on my family room floor in quarters and work a quarter at a time to get it together. All the layers are smooth and I have to manipulate it in several different directions in order to get the quilting done. I would recommend June Taylor Quilt Adhesive to those who wish to "glue" their projects.
      Barbara W

Comment

Originally posted by Barbara W View Post
        I also used June Taylor Quilt Adhesive. I've done two queen size quilts and one humungous king size (110" x 120") by hand. I'm still quilting the king size one and am amazed that nothing is moving even though I wasn't sure I had sprayed it very well: I had to put it on my family room floor in quarters and work a quarter at a time to get it together. All the layers are smooth and I have to manipulate it in several different directions in order to get the quilting done. I would recommend June Taylor Quilt Adhesive to those who wish to "glue" their projects.
        Barbara W
        I would ditto this remark. I have used many many many cans of it. I should by stock in it. I used to use fusible batting...until it completely ruined a photo quilt order by putting little glue dots all over the photos, and did NOT wash out. Oddly it was the june tailor fusible batting. Now I only use cotton batting anyway, and the june tailor spray. My husband does the fusing for me. He is better at crawling around on the floor than I am

Comment

The adhesive I was using was June Taylor. Since everyone has had such good luck with it, I'll chalk it up to a faulty nozzle. I'll give it another try. It's certainly preferable to all that pinning or needle basting. Thanks for your input.
          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

The one thing I have to remember to do when using spray adhesive for any reason is to hold the can upside down and clear the nozzle of any residual adhesive. So you hold the can upside down and spray to clear it before you put the lid back on.

sorry you had problems....what a mess!!
            Michele

Comment

I use spray all the time...the only one I'll use is Sulky. It's a bit more expensive (I only buy it with a 40% off coupon at JoAnn Fabrics). I stock up on it when they have those coupons in the paper! Sometimes there are a lot of them in the ad!

Comment

Thanks for the tip Shell! I've used the June Taylor one too with good luck but only because that has been my only option. I can't find any other types around here to compare it to and sadly I'm an hour away from the nearest Joann's. My LQS doesn't carry any type of basting spray
                To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

I use spray a good bit and have found that I really like the 505 spray.

Comment

Working...
                  X