weekly topic for 4/5/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weekly topic for 4/5/09

Okay...so I'm posting this a little late...but I have an ear infection and haven't been fun to be around the past few days....

so for this week....How do you build your stash?

do you pick up a little of something every time you are shopping? do you do fabric swaps? hit the sales and stock up? tell us how you get your stash grooving.....
    Michele

Re: weekly topic for 4/5/09

Ooh good question! I'm just buying a little extra every time right now But sales and swaps sound like fun to... The other way I've got is by visiting my mom She's awesome and loves to share!

I'm sorry you've been sick... I've not been great either, some kinda throat nastiness for me I hope your ear is feeling better!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

What is it with sickness going around?! I had a stomach bug last week and of course everyone started asking me if I was pregnant which is enough to make me lose my mind. ANYWAYS.

As far as building a stash goes, mine is pretty pathetic. I love the pre-cuts and that's mostly what I buy because of the versatility of it. Also, since I have such a hard time finding the time to do projects, having less to cut is really helpful.

Comment

When I went to a guild meeting and asked the person who just finished a bargello quilt with like a gazillion fabrics in it how long it took her to buy all the fabric for her quilt, she said "it's ALL from my stash!"
        YIKES, I don't know if I'll ever get to that point, but I love fabric and buy what i LOVE, within reason. Usually, I have a plan and try to be thrifty, but that all changes when I see something I can not resist.
        So, to answer the question...I go to LQS or online and try to get a sale price, but if I'm on vacation, fabric is my souvenir, and I'll bite the bullet and pay full price if I'm in love with the project.

Comment

This one is So hard for me.....I Love fabric. The colors, the texture.....I have a feeling I am going to have a big problem. I don't have a stash (YET) but if it's anything like scrap booking paper, my husband just might kill me!! Yeah, i like the stuff!

Comment

Working...
          X