Octi-hoops??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Octi-hoops??

Has anyone ever tried the octi-hoops ? is it worth the investment? I cannot seem to sew straight I have a few projects done but unless I hand quilt them they wont get done. Ive tried doing it on my embroidery machine but im limited to a 5x7 frame and its frustrating. Does anyone just free style on their machines and can you explain how you do that? Boy am I newbie huh?
    One Moment at a time

Re: Octi-hoops??

I am not very good at quilting, so mainly I just freestyle wherever the wind takes me! Do you have a darning foot?

Comment

I don't think so I have an old brother here in cana ...so old in fact i cant read what it says on the feet
      I really need im even before a newbee lol. I can sew altho you wouldnt know it by my whining but i really wish i payed better attention in homemakers class
      so much to learn I did relize however this morning I do have a ton of embroidered samplers I have made and now I know how to frame around it. So i am learning something
      One Moment at a time

Comment

So if you frame around them, sew them together, then you have just made a quilt with sashing!!

I am teaching a begin to quilt class on my blog, and tonight I'll talk about machine feet...just for you, with pics and everything. ( Actually, it is already partway done, but I want you to feel special.)

I'll post here when it's done.

~hillbilly~

Comment

Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
          So if you frame around them, sew them together, then you have just made a quilt with sashing!!

I am teaching a begin to quilt class on my blog, and tonight I'll talk about machine feet...just for you, with pics and everything. ( Actually, it is already partway done, but I want you to feel special.)

I'll post here when it's done.

~hillbilly~
          How do i find your blog ??
          One Moment at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Laura108 View Post
            Has anyone ever tried the octi-hoops ? is it worth the investment? I cannot seem to sew straight I have a few projects done but unless I hand quilt them they wont get done. Ive tried doing it on my embroidery machine but im limited to a 5x7 frame and its frustrating. Does anyone just free style on their machines and can you explain how you do that? Boy am I newbie huh?
            I have not heard of an Oct i -hoop,what is it used for please.Welcome to the board newbie
            Quilting is good therapy.

Comment

http://www.creativefeet.com/products/frames/octi-hoop
              A friend sent it to me via facebook and their was a video looks like a very smooth way to quilt almost like a pen with paper it looks that smooth. I have learned tho everything is not always that easy.
              I have a bunch of stuff I would love stippled? but for the life of me its hard. My embroidery machine does just 5x7 and the placement is so hard to line up I gave up.
              I know I sound half nuts jumping with both feet ...my Mom is on hospice so I am down here with her and right now quilting is keeping all of my wits about me. I have just today sewed 2 jelly rolls together yes strip after strip and went much easier after jan told me about the 1/4 edge and I found the foot.
              Im not sure what Im going to do with all the strips I have sewn together but as she gets worse I find im sewing faster.
              Take a look at that octi-hoop its odd. But ...
              One Moment at a time

Comment

How do i find your blog ??
                Here is my blog about quilting feet. I just posted it . Sorry. I tend to do very late night blogging. ummmm, and dont be surprised when you see snoopy at the top of my blog. He always manages to find a way on there!

http://hillbillyhandiworks.blogspot....ines-feet.html

Comment

http://www.creativefeet.com/products/frames/octi-hoop
                  A friend sent it to me via facebook and their was a video looks like a very smooth way to quilt almost like a pen with paper it looks that smooth. I have learned tho everything is not always that easy.
                  I have a bunch of stuff I would love stippled? but for the life of me its hard. My embroidery machine does just 5x7 and the placement is so hard to line up I gave up.
                  I know I sound half nuts jumping with both feet ...my Mom is on hospice so I am down here with her and right now quilting is keeping all of my wits about me. I have just today sewed 2 jelly rolls together yes strip after strip and went much easier after jan told me about the 1/4 edge and I found the foot.
                  Im not sure what Im going to do with all the strips I have sewn together but as she gets worse I find im sewing faster.
                  Take a look at that octi-hoop its odd. But ...
                  The hoop looks fasinating,thank you for posting the link here.
                  Quilting is good therapy.

Comment

It does look interesting I hope to get feedback from others on it but might be worth the investment.
                    One Moment at a time

Comment

It does look interesting I hope to get feedback from others on it but might be worth the investment.
                      Thanks for the link. I have been looking on the net for reviews of this product, and I can only find people saying that they'd like to try it, or blogs showing the same videos. It would be nice to hear what someone thinks of it!

Comment

I've quilted for a long time(60 years). These Octi hoops are no better than an ordinary embroidery hoop. You can buy embroidery hoops for under $3.00. They come in ovals, rounds, squares. Quilting should not cost you a fortune.

Comment

I don't have the octi hoop, but most of the reviews I have read about them, aren't good. Do a search on them, and read reviews. FMQ takes practice, but STID or straight line quilting is relatively easy. I think I would try that first.
                          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                          sigpic

Comment

oh interesting link...
                            These things, I warmly wish for you-
                            Someone to love, some work to do,
                            A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
                            And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
                            `*.¸.*´
                            ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
                            (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
                            http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Comment

I tried to watch one of the videos and couldn't get through it....the lady was telling the camera person what to do and flinging hoops on and off her arm....never did see her actually use it. Those hoops are pricey.
                              Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                              I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Working...
                              X