X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hillbilly
    replied
    Re: mariners compass

I have been wanting to try this! Please let us know how it goes!!

Leave a comment:

• quiltnut
    replied

Originally posted by LooshThreads View Post
    I just got the the Quiltsmart Mariner's Compass foundation (48-inch finished size) in the mail from Kaye Wood, and hope to begin making it in a week or so. Still have a few fabrics I need to pick up and I will be ready... any excuse to go fabric shopping! Can't wait to get started on it!
    What colours did you buy for yours? I need to get more fabrics for this one too!perhaps next week after i finish my other quilt first.

Leave a comment:

• quiltnut
    replied

Oops I ordered the Star first instead of Mariners compass,oh well not to worry,I have completed the quilt top.What a time saver this method is,about to put borders on today if i can find time to cut them out Ha hahaha.
    Mariners compass arrived this week,I can't wait to start it , my rule of thumb is always to finish one project first!It has been so long since i made a full size quilt ,its taken me a bit of time to sort out the grain cutting for borders.

Leave a comment:

• LooshThreads
    replied

I just got the the Quiltsmart Mariner's Compass foundation (48-inch finished size) in the mail from Kaye Wood, and hope to begin making it in a week or so. Still have a few fabrics I need to pick up and I will be ready... any excuse to go fabric shopping! Can't wait to get started on it!
    Last edited by LooshThreads; July 29, 2010, 11:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• quiltnut
    replied

Originally posted by quiltnut View Post
    I would love to give this one a try,did anyone see on Kay Woods video demo of this block?it looks a lot like paper piecing.ive always shied away from this block, with so many points,what size triangle ruler is this done in anyone know?
    BTW i found a site on how to do this type, plus lone star she even gives a demo on how its done- plus sold with kits.
    quilt smart.com

Leave a comment:

• quiltnut
    started a topic mariners compass

mariners compass

I would love to give this one a try,did anyone see on Kay Woods video demo of this block?it looks a lot like paper piecing.ive always shied away from this block, with so many points,what size triangle ruler is this done in anyone know?
Working...
X