Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granny Fran
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for the link. I do so hope your treatments go well.

• Ruthie734
    replied
    Wow, I loved these videos! I have done paper piecing, but she does a great job teaching it. I saved this to refer to on my next project. Thanks so much for sharing this!

Leave a comment:

• Quilting for therapy
    replied
    I'm not sure that I will ever get to paper piecing but I love Nancy Roelfsema's On Point tutorials. I took her recommendation and ordered "The Art of Classic Quiltmaking" by Harriet Hargrave and Sharyn Craig. It only just arrived this morning, but I can tell that it will be an invaluable resource of encyclopaedic knowledge. A couple of quilting books I ordered when I started are so disappointing - containing maybe one quilt each that interested me enough to make or put on the "must-do" list. This book and the other 3 I recently ordered are in a whole different league (Jane Krentz's Lone Star Quilts - recommended to me here by Jean Sewing Machine, Edyta Sitar's Patches of Stars, and The Big Book of Star-Studded Quilts.)

So I have all these wonderful books to use but the stem cell treatment has started. And then there are the other obligations I have been neglecting.

However, back to paper piecing. The beautiful New York Beauty posted here by Patchwork Barb reminded me of a website recommended by a friend which may appeal to those of you who love to do paper piecing - Jacqueline de Jonge Be Colourful at https://www.becolourful.com/.

Leave a comment:

• BarbaraRose
    replied
    I found this helpful, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRgfU0Q6JYY&t=2s

Leave a comment:

• auntstuff
    replied
    Sherman. please unplug the Wayback machine.....

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied
    I always watch a tutorial for a refresher when I start a FPP.

I'll have to get busy to get something ready for the month of June. Something to think about, this afternoon!

Leave a comment:

• catwoman
    replied
    Wow, thanks for the info.
    Last edited by catwoman; May 24, 2020, 03:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    commented on 's reply
    Quiltworx classes are the best!!

• Hulamoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Nwmnteacher View Post
    Hulamoon, that's a paperpiecing block even I could do! I like how she shows different colors and settings.
    Yeah it's pretty easy. I had found a print out link years ago and I just can't find it now. Here's a picture for the measurements in case you or anyone wants some practice. I printed it out right on the M* papers. You just have to cut the paper down first.

IMG_0073 (2).JPGIMG_0072 (2).JPG
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Nwmnteacher
    replied
    Hulamoon, that's a paperpiecing block even I could do! I like how she shows different colors and settings.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied
    That was a great video. When I was cleaning up I ran across a simple pattern I was going to do and had bought the fabric for it. I'm going to save this!

This is it. Short and fun to watch. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DHDRSC3

On a side observation, I was looking at her machine. Since I just bought a new Pfaff I was wondering what Smith and Owen was? It's a quit shop. lol

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied
    Re: foundation paper piecing - Nancy Roelfsema

Love this video. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• laura44
    replied

Excellent video, thanks

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

I took a class with a Quiltworx teacher and it was a blast. I made their one leaf pattern, and bought more to make. This is on my wish list to work on this year.

This is a good video and great for those new and old to paper piecing. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

FPP is a ball once you learn a few simple basics. How cool is it having the lines to stitch on!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X