How many charm packs do you need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many charm packs do you need?

I have found my self wondering this while I am working on my first quilt. I bought two charm packs thinking that it would surely cover the top of a full size bed and I could just add borders to make it hang over. Well obviously I was wrong and it is now going to just be a throw type quilt. Anyway I found where someone has done all of that thinking for me and am sharing it with you all for anyone else who might be wondering like I was. http://search.reviews.ebay.com/membe...ures_W0QQuqtZg

There are different sections depending on what size squares you are using that might not necessarily be a charm pack and breaks it down by bed size. Hope this is as useful for you guys as it was for me.

Re: How many charm packs do you need?

Thank you so much for finding and sharing with us all - I know I will find the info. very helpful when buying charmpacks. Ü

Comment

Thank You for sharing this link!! I had looked at it many sleeps ago, but forgotten where - now it is saved to my favs!
      Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
      hugs, Suzi
      http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
      it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Originally posted by RachelB View Post
        I have found my self wondering this while I am working on my first quilt. I bought two charm packs thinking that it would surely cover the top of a full size bed and I could just add borders to make it hang over. Well obviously I was wrong and it is now going to just be a throw type quilt. Anyway I found where someone has done all of that thinking for me and am sharing it with you all for anyone else who might be wondering like I was. http://search.reviews.ebay.com/membe...ures_W0QQuqtZg

There are different sections depending on what size squares you are using that might not necessarily be a charm pack and breaks it down by bed size. Hope this is as useful for you guys as it was for me.
        What a great find..thanks for sharing.

Comment

Even if the block sizes aren't what you are looking for, it gives the standard size of the mattresses.
          I just wish they would have listed the size of an extra long twin. Those are the size of the beds in the college dorms. I wanted to make a few graduation quilts. I am sure I can find the information somewhere on the web though.

Thanks for posting this link. It is helpful!
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I've found (in my limited use of charm packs...so far) that the amount of squares per pack varies immensely. My first pack from Moda had about 45. On a recent visit to ConnectingThreads.com I discovered that their packs consisted of 25 squares! So, I guess it would pay to inquire before buying.

Comment

Originally posted by NanaKaren View Post
              I've found (in my limited use of charm packs...so far) that the amount of squares per pack varies immensely. My first pack from Moda had about 45. On a recent visit to ConnectingThreads.com I discovered that their packs consisted of 25 squares! So, I guess it would pay to inquire before buying.

Usually you just need to look and see how many different fabrics there are in that particular line. If there are 45 in the line, there are 45 charms. The CT packs are only 25 charms because there are only 25 fabrics in the line. They are also about half the price since they only have about half the number of charms.
              Michele

Comment

Working...
              X