Placemats .....Great last minute Christmas gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placemats .....Great last minute Christmas gift

Here's a new video from Jordan Fabrics !
    These placemats would make a quick and easy gift for someone. I plan to make a couple of these (sets of 4) and wrap them up just in case I have forgotten someone to give a Christmas gift to(I normally wrap these "Who did I forget" gifts in plain white/silver or white/gold wrapping paper and if I don't need them for a Christmas gift, the pillowcases can be put in my "Gift" box/shelf for last minute gifts.

Love the fabrics she chose for this video !
    https://youtu.be/MEaCQ0zLmgw

thEFZ19MB6Toaster Gar.jpg
    Last edited by redcaboose1717; November 26, 2017, 01:02 PM.
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Re: Placemats .....Great last minute Christmas gift

They were lovely; watched it early this morning. Having all those fabrics and your "beck and call" must be like a never-ending birthday party! Her pointers are just super. I recommend this for all folks at any level. Even if you are an expert, there always seems like something to learn. (Well, at least for me! The one particular thing being how to roll the placemat over a bit, finger press and get those seems right on the edges where they belong.)
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Love it!

Thanks for a great tut!

Comment

Originally posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
        Here's a new video from Jordan Fabrics !
        These placemats would make a quick and easy gift for someone. I plan to make a couple of these (sets of 4) and wrap them up just in case I have forgotten someone to give a Christmas gift to(I normally wrap these "Who did I forget" gifts in plain white/silver or white/gold wrapping paper and if I don't need them for a Christmas gift, the pillowcases can be put in my "Gift" box/shelf for last minute gifts.

Love the fabrics she chose for this video !
        https://youtu.be/MEaCQ0zLmgw

[ATTACH=CONFIG]147985[/ATTACH]
        Anyone else notice I typed "Pillowcases" instead of Placemats"????? I just noticed it LOL !
        Turkey 2.jpg

Comment

I noticed but figured you kept pillowcases on hand for gifts to. You're so efficient. I have to reread all my posts as my "P" gets stuck and doesn't type unless I pound on it. It's annoying.

Comment

I never noticed you typed pillowcase. I do like this as a last minute gift and plan on making some. Thanks for posting,

Comment

Love to watch Donna Jordan. That sewing machine of hers is something else. Love that skinny little foot on it. Wonder how old the machine is? Watched her SITD in one of her tutorials using that machine... perfect all the way around. I think I remember a post about her iron where a forum member called her shop to see what kind it was. Thanks for sharing the tutorial. Kathy
              All quilts cat tested and approved.
              sigpic

Comment

I'd bet that sewing machine is from the early seventy's ....My younger sis had a Montgomery Ward sewing machine back in the 70's that was the same color.
                The noise of that sewing machine is really different.
                I remember someone wanting to know about the iron Donna used....I think someone said it was a Rowena....I think .
                My three favorite quilters & their video tutorials are :
                1. Our own Jenny here at MSQC
                2.Donna Jordan from Jordan Fabrics
                3. Angela Walter's from The Midnight Quilt Show
                ( They are my favorite(s) in that order ( 1,2,3).....)
                Turkey.jpg

Comment

I love to watch Donna Jordan, she is so talented. I love her fabrics. I've never made placemats or napkins so this would be the first for me and it looks rather simple and quick enough. The hardest part for me is coordinating the fabrics. I didn't even notice your typo either. Thanks for posting.
                  sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

Thanks for sharing - this would make nice gifts. Definitely keeping in mind for next year!

Comment

Her machine is an industrial sewing machine, don't remember the brand and the iron is a steam generator iron. They are great as they won't scorch your things and the steam is incredible but they are expensive.

Comment

This is really cool!
                        Katrina
                        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Donna Jordan addressed her sewing machine in a video but I don’t remember which one. Joy posted the info on the iron. She may have posted on this thread... I haven’t read everything yet. I enjoy watching Donna and her hubby. What a wonderful business they have built.

Originally posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
                          I'd bet that sewing machine is from the early seventy's ....My younger sis had a Montgomery Ward sewing machine back in the 70's that was the same color.
                          The noise of that sewing machine is really different.
                          I remember someone wanting to know about the iron Donna used....I think someone said it was a Rowena....I think .
                          My three favorite quilters & their video tutorials are :
                          1. Our own Jenny here at MSQC
                          2.Donna Jordan from Jordan Fabrics
                          3. Angela Walter's from The Midnight Quilt Show
                          ( They are my favorite(s) in that order ( 1,2,3).....)
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]147991[/ATTACH]

Comment

I thought that machine might be an industrial machine from the sound of it. I do like that iron though. Kathy
                            All quilts cat tested and approved.
                            sigpic

Comment

Simple yet beautiful placemats and napkins.....I never even noticed your spelling.....my brain used auto-correct!
                              Great gift idea or for me! Thanks for sharing....I just love her videos too!
                              💫 Star lover

Comment

Working...
                              X