Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This isn't new but I just had to post for all those who don't know about this tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This isn't new but I just had to post for all those who don't know about this tool

My semi-auto needle threader on my Bernina went wonky and would not thread anymore.

Out of frustration, I got this Dritz needle threader after I saw a very clear tutorial on YouTube on how to use it correctly. IT WORKS perfectly. Be warned - this Dritz tool is so overpriced, its almost robbery (I paid $10.00 on Amazon).

Bottomline - this Dritz tool works. Its great to have this as a backup in case your threader on your machine goes belly up until you can have your machine serviced.
    Attached Files

Re: This isn't new but I just had to post for all those who don't know about this tool

David, get a magnifying glass and take a close look at the needle threader on your machine. I've had a couple issues where the tiny wire became bent slightly and wouldn't go into the opening in the eye of the needle. A gentle move with fine tweezers will often nudge it back into place. Be gentle.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Re: This isn't new but I just had to post for all those who don't know about this tool

Yes take a good look at the tiny wire. I had broken one. I purchased several new ones from my dealer and can replace them when needed. A very easy process.
      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
      Sigmund Freud

Comment

Thanks for the review on this Daniel! My sister has a machine without an automatic needle threader and has been struggling. This will be wonderful for her!
        Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Thanks for the link and very good video. Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone was posting great hi def videos that are so easy to see? Had no idea this tool existed.

Comment

thank you for informing me about the wire and how to nudge it to get it to thread again. Next time I am at my dealer, I will ask (Dan) about this.

Comment

here's the link that goes over how to use this tool. You might have to push it through a few times to get the thread to loop, but its fool proof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOjZvpR54Uk

Comment

I too just learned about this threader (and the video). If this threader breaks, I just use my backup. (I now always have 2 of these handy). Even though I have a built in threader, I use this tool exclusively as it works every time, all the time and is 100% foolproof.

Comment

I never heard of this incredibly handy looking tool. My machine does not have an auto needle threader so I am hitting the stores ASAP this weekend to find one. Look out Jo Ann's I am coming! Thanks for posting this valuable tip!

Comment

I might have to look in to this also. My vintage machines don't have an auto threader (of course) and I have on occasion had to resort to using my 4 years old needle threader that I got who knows where. Usually I can still see well enough to just put a piece to white paper behind the needle and be able to see to thread it, but I always have a back up for late nights or tired eyes.
                    Patrice S

Comment

Working...
                    X