Clear FMQ ruler foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clear FMQ ruler foot

Hi, I came across this new (at least new to me) FMQing clear ruler foot. Looks like a pretty good idea, makes it easier to see exactly where you are quilting.

Wasn't sure if folks already knew about this item or not, so posting a link. I stumbled across it when I was on Patsy Thompson's website she has a video demo of it.

http://www.accentsindesign.com/ruler-foot

http://www.patsythompsondesigns.com/

Re: Clear FMQ ruler foot

I bought one for my DSM from Patsy. It's really neat! I've been using the Janome ruler foot but hard to see my stittching lines or behind it so wanted to try the clear foot. I liked the visibility the clear foot gave me. So the tradeoff is visibility or the super easy adjustment the metal Janome foot assembly gave me. I will say Patsy's foot was much more reasonably priced than the Janome (had to buy the ankle and feet kit and then the ruler foot in the 1600p set). The clear foot worked best for me when I reduced the foot pressure so it couild glide over seams more freely.

Comment

Cool site. Thanks!
      :icon_rolleyes:

Comment

Hi Julie, thanks for the input on the foot. I have a Janome with the same metal ruler foot set up you have. It is fine except it is a little difficult to see at times and depending on the ruler sometimes they do not fit behind the metal foot.

I am thinking of ordering the clear one. If you dont mind my asking, It looks like the clearance for rulers behind this clear foot would be better than the metal, is that correct? Is getting the foot pressure right difficult? the metal one is pretty easy. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Now I know what to ask Santa for this year.

Comment

The clearance on the clear foot is better. No bulk off to the right to work around. I can work the ruler all the way around the foot. Took awhile to get used to having to adjust height of foot with the screwdriver - Janome foot definitely spoiled me, but I will probably use both for different types of projects. Janome for projects that have different thicknesses throughout and the clear for projects with more consistent thicknesses. I need to be more careful in seaming and pressing seams, I guess.

Comment

By the way - Patsy posted a note that she isn't shipping for a little bit. She has a family member who is dying and she is taking care of him at home with hospice's help. You might check her blog and home page before you order to see when she can ship again.

Comment

I ordered it [to help Santa] and I think it comes from someone other than Patsy since I got a reply from Carol Olson.

Comment

Thanks for the site! Definitely going on my wish list!

Comment

Working...
                  X