• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• source of joy
    replied
    Re: Bonnie Hunter's 2016 Mystery Quilt

Originally posted by KaylaWalker View Post
    Has anyone ever used multiple fabrics as their "constant"? Here are my fabrics. I'm taking a poll as to whether I should use the browns or reds as my constant or simply just use one fabric for the constant. Help!

My colors are different than the paint chips , but some are the same color family.

Green for green, yellow for yellow, dark & light blue for dark and light purple, creams for creams/whites.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136896[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]136897[/ATTACH]
    I would go with the reds as well...I like your colour selection

Leave a comment:

• midnightline
    replied

Ooo. Purty colors, Midge!

Leave a comment:

• Midge
    replied

Thanks midnightline, I just joined the En Provence group. Also looked at my fabric pull again in the daylight, and I am not happy with some of these choices. I need more lavender value variation and I'm not loving my greens either. I was so happy to find the magenta fabric at the 7 o'clock position for the "constant" choice locally. Two yards, deep discount! EnProvencefabricpullsmall.jpg

Feedback appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• midnightline
    replied

Hi Midge,

There's a group for the sew along and anyone working on the mystery quilt is welcome to join: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=270

Leave a comment:

• Midge
    replied

Hi all, haven't been on the forum for a while but I checked in to see if others were talking about Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt so it's great to find this thread. I've never done one of her mystery quilts, but I have heard so much about them I decided to try. I was a bit taken aback by the colorway she chose, but the Tuscan colors are so beautiful and out of my comfort zone that I decided I would try it. I'm pulling fabrics and I'm hoping I have enough in my stash to work with. I will try to get a picture of my fabric pull and get some feedback. Would like to join the group sewing along together I guess.

Leave a comment:

• easyquilts
    replied

Oh my goodness... Those rich colors are gorgeous... my colors!

Leave a comment:

• easyquilts
    replied

Although I never do the mystery quilt... I know how short my attention span is.... I love seeing it come together... Thanks for the link.

Leave a comment:

• KaylaWalker
    replied

Thanks for your feedback. I agree that either would work, but I've decided to go with the reds. Can't wait for the first clue!

Leave a comment:

• mallorypm
    replied

I would go with the Red

Leave a comment:

• KaylaWalker
    replied

Thanks, Sherrie!

Leave a comment:

• sherriequilts
    replied

I think both the brown or red fabrics will be equally beautiful. The reds may give more of a "pop" and the browns may give more of a "homey" feel. With a mystery of course just never sure where these constant fabrics will land. Yes I think using a variety of either your brown or red fabrics will be awesome. Since you asked for opinions, I will give mine ...if you choose the brown fabrics as your constant I would leave out the 2nd from the top. It's a cream background with brown flowers .. it's a beautiful fabric but depending on how we cut this constant it might end up looking more cream than brown. And I really love all your color choices .. probably going to come very close to what I pick as well.
    Sherrie

Leave a comment:

• Deegles
    replied

Originally posted by KaylaWalker View Post
    Has anyone ever used multiple fabrics as their "constant"? Here are my fabrics. I'm taking a poll as to whether I should use the browns or reds as my constant or simply just use one fabric for the constant. Help!

My colors are different than the paint chips , but some are the same color family.

Green for green, yellow for yellow, dark & light blue for dark and light purple, creams for creams/whites.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136896[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]136897[/ATTACH]
    I like the browns as it reminds me of sunflowers. Think of a picture with sunflowers against a blue sky at twilight. Perfect.

Leave a comment:

• wlrquilts
    replied

I also would go with the reds and use a variety.

Leave a comment:

• midnightline
    replied

I would go with the reds if it were me. The browns don't look good with the yellows imo.

Leave a comment:

• KaylaWalker
    replied

IMG_1812.jpg
    IMG_1811.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X