Joann.com Remnants ~ 10 yards starting at $26.99 for Snuggle Flannel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joann.com Remnants ~ 10 yards starting at $26.99 for Snuggle Flannel

I like to make quilts/blankets for my local Crisis Pregnancy Center. While looking at Joann.com yesterday (daughter was making a yarn purchase so we were going to share $4 shipping), I discovered that they had anti-pill fleece in remnants (1-2 yard cuts) for only $34.99. That seemed like a steal for something I can use for the backing! I did buy a box, and I'm praying it'll arrive with the colors I need!

http://www.joann.com/search?q=remnant

Re: Joann.com Remnants ~ 10 yards starting at $26.99 for Snuggle Flannel

I look forward to hearing what comes in your box.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Best of luck. The suspense is on!

Comment

Wow! That is an awesome deal

Comment

I was not aware of that! Went on the website and there are some nice options available in fleece. Thanks for the info
          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

My fabric arrived today! I was hoping to have more baby colors, but wouldn't you know it... most were dark. HOWEVER!! I measured each piece and are you ready for this? 19.5 yards of fabric! Wow! That brought my cost per yard down to $2.19 after taxes and shipping.

Two pieces were 95" long by 60" wide.

Has anyone ever used fleece in place of batting?

Another thought I had was to make blankets for the animal rescue shelter near me.

Let me know if you purchased one and what you received. Thanks!

joannremnant.jpg

Comment

I have but then I don't add a backing. Makes a nice cozy quilt.
              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

You got a great deal!

Jeannette

Comment

Check with the animal rescue before you start sewing. Many of them only use items like towels old sheets etc, as they can be bleached a lot. Kathy
                  All quilts cat tested and approved.
                  sigpic

Comment

Wow! What a deal. And a good cause you make quilts for.

Currently I've got some kid's quilts (that go to children in need) in progress. But I came across this organization who collects blankets for animal shelters. These are quick easy projects that people can knit, crochet or sew. At the top of their website you will see "Animal Shelters Supported" which lists states. Select your state and you may find one in your area. If not as mischiefcat commented just check with your local shelter to find out if they need any pet blankets. Some shelters love to receive them but some don't.

Here's the link: http://comfortforcritters.org/

Comment

Working...
                    X