Needle identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needle identification

I ran across this and thought how perfect to keep in your files. If you use Schmetz needles and do what I do, (forget what needle is in the machine) here is a way to identify it!

http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2015/03/...chine-needles/
    🌺 Lorie

Re: Needle identification

That is very informative especially th section that says what each kind of needle is used for. I need to get a printer I guess so I can reference these things. But when I had one, I continually created so much paper that It started to become worthless in my searches.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

Thanks so much, Lori. I usually find out the hard way. I start sewing without checking and end up with shredded threads or broken needles. I will add this to my user notes, where I can't find anything.
      Cindy

Comment

Thanks hulamoon, a perfekt link, now I can use all the needles I forgot which size they are

Comment

Thanks Lori! This is a great resource.
          sigpic

Comment

Thank you Lori. This is very helpful.

Comment

What an amazing resource! Thank you, Lorie, for sharing this.
              Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Thank you! Will print it off and keep it handy. Very good info.

Comment

Thank you!

Jeannette

Comment

Thanks for sharing this Lorie. Also forum members might not know that all the excellent Schmetz info is in one place as an app for the iPad or iPhone. The color coding info and so so much more info on choosing the right needle as well as troubleshooting issues. I've used it several times and been very pleased with it. It's free. Also Superior threads has an app for thread selection that is very useful to help you make decisions about what thread to use for a project. Superior also has an app called How Much Thread. Also free. It computes the amount of thread you will need to quilt a particular size quilt taking into account how heavy/decorative you want the quilting to be. It's been handy for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Midge View Post
                      Thanks for sharing this Lorie. Also forum members might not know that all the excellent Schmetz info is in one place as an app for the iPad or iPhone. The color coding info and so so much more info on choosing the right needle as well as troubleshooting issues. I've used it several times and been very pleased with it. It's free. Also Superior threads has an app for thread selection that is very useful to help you make decisions about what thread to use for a project. Superior also has an app called How Much Thread. Also free. It computes the amount of thread you will need to quilt a particular size quilt taking into account how heavy/decorative you want the quilting to be. It's been handy for me.
                      Wow, Midge, you've been holding out on us! I had no idea all these apps were available. Thanks for passing this on!
                      Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
                        Wow, Midge, you've been holding out on us! I had no idea all these apps were available. Thanks for passing this on!
                        Ooops, well, I guess you are right, I have been! Sorry all, but I'm glad Lorie started this thread that jogged me into action!

Comment

Thanks again, Midge. I found the apps in the app store and will add them to the iPad as soon as I get it charged!
                          Cindy

Comment

Thanks for sharing Lori.I saved it to a folder in my favorites so I don't lose a piece of paper.
                            :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I pinned it! thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X