Handbag of the Month Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handbag of the Month Club

Vanessa from Crafty Gemini is setting up a bag-of-the-month program. Here's a link to her latest video explaining how it will work and a run-through of the bags she will be teaching during the program. Don't hesitate to fast forward if you don't want to listen to the beginning introduction. I know there are lots of you who like making bags so this might be right up your alley. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdWhRhxYExA
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Re: Handbag of the Month Club

There is also a Bag of the Month Club on facebook. It runs January-June and July-December. The cost of that is $40 for each six months. Once the six months are up, the patterns are released to the public. They just changed it up though....January is released in July, February in August, etc. You have to wait six months after it was the BOM. I do not belong to it because I've watched the last couple sessions and didn't care for most of the bags, so I wait and buy them once they are released for sale. I can't see paying $40 for one or two patterns that I might like.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

On Vanessa's program, it's $60. for 5 bags, each with different techniques. Starts in Aug and the last one is in Dec. Starting January, you can buy each one separate. For me, I would benefit from the whole 5 months since I've never made a bag and she gives video instructions step by step. Show's instructions about recessed zippers, grommets, magnetic snaps, D-rings, etc. You have to watch the video! $12. per class I think is worth it! ( for me anyways ...lol)
      :icon_rolleyes:

Comment

Does she show you that patterns before you sign up? That is my problem with the other club. Actually, I'd never do either, I think it's more fun to figure it out on my own.
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Pat, if you watch the video she shows you each purse for the 5 months and what you will be learning on each one. And like I said, come Jan, you can buy just one of them. With each purchase you get the PDF , supplies needed and pattern to download and a forever instruction video. It didn't sound as if anything would be offered free at anytime.

Comment

Also Pat, you're much more experienced at handbags than say, I am, so you may not get anything out of these classes! There's no kit with fabric to buy or anything.... You buy your own which I kind of like! The big thing is the instructions for people who haven't made bags before
            Last edited by Jean Marie; July 28, 2016, 08:08 PM.

Comment

I understand there is nothing for free. I think it is expensive though. The club on facebook has a different designer featured every month and they also offer sewalongs. Not that I am going to sign up on either one, but for an extra month and $20 less, you get one more patterns. Oh, and I went and looked at the email she sent about it....if you don't sign before the first, the price goes up to $70, which I think is almost bordering on being ridiculous.
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

I shall check it out! Thanks!!

Comment

$60 is a intro special that ends July 31. After that it goes up to $70.

Comment

I bought the BOM that Pat is talking about the first time it was offered. I thought the price was right and you get a taste of different designer's bags. I made one bag and gave it to a friend. I want to make more but bags are more intimidating to me and so they always get pushed back on my bucket list.

You get the supplies in Vanessa's program? Is that the hardware, interfacing and fabric? That would make the price more bearable.

Comment

Originally posted by snippet View Post

You get the supplies in Vanessa's program? Is that the hardware, interfacing and fabric? That would make the price more bearable.
                      No. You get the pattern and video instructions. No hardware or fabric is included in the price.
                      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X