Seams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seams

Even though this is a rather old post of Bonnie Hunter's, I found it really interested. I wondered if any of ya'll use this method or another . I think I am going to try this.

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2012/...gly-smart.html

Re: Seams

I am going to be trying this too! Thanks for sharing
    Theda :icon_wave:

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
    "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

Comment

Let us know how it works out. It seems like it would really slow down seaming but, in some cases, it might be worth it. Am I right in thinking this is a method primarily used for already cut strips that are slightly different in size? I can't see doing this when cutting one's own strips. Using yardage, which I do most of the time, I use my Shape-Cut ruler to cut accurately sized strips. I also always use my 1/4" piecing foot that has the little guide on the side. For those who don't have a machine that is capable of moving in slight increments to change seam width, I think this technique would work well when a scant 1/4" seam is required. I bet it would be great for making the log cabin blocks since they often come out not quite square.
      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Hmmm - interesting. I use 2 1/2" strips to make HSTs and I often worry that the blocks may be different sizes since the strips could be different widths. Wonder if using my stitch-in-the-ditch foot (has the center guide) up against the cardboard would work?! Think I will give that a try when I get the chance. Thanks for sharing.
        ***Kathy***

Comment

Working...
        X