I Found the Most Wonderful Quilt Shop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Found the Most Wonderful Quilt Shop!

For those that like to browse different quilt shops this is a joy. When I have traveling to do I always look up shops ahead of time. Most of us probably do. This one was one of three I visited this Friday and Saturday. Located on main street, the town itself is nearly dead, sad situation as with many towns. I opened the door and the first words out of my mouth were, "I love your shop." It is located in an old drug store building. The old fashion soda counter with stools are still there as is the old type of ice cream freezer with twelve different compartments. Numerous cabinets with file type drawers lined the walls. Many of this were open displaying lots of fat quarters. For those of us who used to have lunch in this type of building it was like walking back in time. The owner is a wonderfully sweet lady also. She still sews on a Singer Featherweight bought new for her in 1951. It is still in the original table it came in and looks wonderful. Next to it, standing in stark contrast is a new Gammill longarm quilter which would take your breath away also. We had a marvelous time talking to her for hours. I only wish I could have stayed longer, like all day. The owner said she has customers come from hours away and I can see how that would be. Sadly she does not think she will be in business but only for a couple more years. If you happen to be in her neck of the woods, do visit. You will not be disappointed.
    The Needle Basket, Sutton, WV.
    sigpic

Re: I Found the Most Wonderful Quilt Shop!

Carolyn, Thanks. I think it would be a feasible trip. The mapquest said 1 hr 18 min and I could go straight down 79 which is an easy drive. It might be a nice trip for Sept or Oct and I also think there are a few dog shelters on the way so maybe I could convince my friend to come along and we could visit both :-) Thanks for the PM heads up too
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Re: I Found the Most Wonderful Quilt Shop!

Thanks for the information. You never know. Sounds lovely, I hope she is able to hang on. She needs a "MSQC" team to promote her business!

Comment

Working...
      X