X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cathy F
    replied
    Re: This should keep me on track!!!!

I like this idea. I have never done anything like this so it should be great if I need more fabric and what I ordered. Think I'll give it a try.

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

Thanks for posting, Sherri. I think this would help me also. I order pre-cuts with a quilt in mind (and 3 others in progress) and as I'm working on the others, I might find some solid or coordinating fabrics that I think will go nicely with the quilt in mind. Then when it arrives, I have no idea what I bought it to go with! If I only bought what I needed for the project(s) I was working on, I wouldn't have that problem, but I don't seem to work that way.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

I'm going to give this a try. I keep informal notes but this looks nicer. Thanks, Sherri.

Leave a comment:

• Caroline T.
    replied

I'm a checklist (and graph paper) kinda person too so I like the idea. That particular one is much more detailed than what I created for myself, but as a result has more items that I will add to my checklist.

When a project is completed, I print a picture of the quilt and attach the checklist to the back of the picture, which goes into a binder. That way, if I decide to make another quilt like one previously, I have the pattern, checklist, etc all ready at hand.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

I just use a little old assignment notebook--but it does have pink pages so it's kind of fun to use and the pink makes it easy to find in a crowded drawer lol! For all you organizer-a-holics I see FQS is selling quilt planners by Lori Holt. Cute--but they are really expensive so I wonder how good they will sell? She also has a line of matching accessories, markers, stickers, etc also very $$$.

Leave a comment:

• LindaKay75
    replied

I just use index cards for every project. That seems to work for me.

Leave a comment:

• snippet
    replied

I have a digital notebook in OneNote that I use. It has all the steps and blanks for me to fill in as I make the quilt. It really helps keep me on track and knowing what the next step is for any particular project.

Leave a comment:

• quiltsRfun
    replied

Keeping up with that kind of tracking doesn't help me. Just thinking about it increases my anxiety level. I can see that it might be useful but not for me. I usually make notes as I sew but nothing that formal. Just a small notebook to jot down reminders. Isn't it interesting how each one of us works differently. I feel the same way about those fancy day planners I see.

Leave a comment:

• KaylaWalker
    replied

That's a great tool.

Leave a comment:

• shermur
    started a topic This should keep me on track!!!!

This should keep me on track!!!!

http://www.unitednotions.com/MBS-project-tracker.pdf

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2016/07/...t-tracker.html

MBS-project-tracker-768x994 (618x800).jpg
Working...
X