Quilting Book for Children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilting Book for Children

I recently bought the book "Get Quilting with Angela & Cloe". It is written by Angela Walters and her daughter, Cloe. It is geared to children ages 8 - 14 and has 14 different projects. The projects are listed by skill level - Levels 1 through 3.

Level 1 - Pot holders and place mats with no piecing, and a pieced water bottle holder. These are considered practice projects.
    Level 2 - "Ticker Tape" heart wall hanging (24" X 24"); Charmed quilt (49.5" X 54"); Rag quilt (48" X 56"); applique pillow; bed runner; Cut-away rug (35.5" X 40"); Signature quilt (friends' signatures - 42.5" X 49")
    Level 3 - Ticker Tape quilt (61.5" X 77.5"); School Supply Roll; T-shirt quilt (50" X 50"); Cuddle quilt (cuddle fabric - 56" X 68")

The beginning of the book covers supplies, rotary cutting, piecing the backing, layering the quilt sandwich, basting, types of quilting, trimming and binding.

It is very nicely written, with tips and comments from both Angela and Cloe throughout.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Re: Quilting Book for Children

I just checked it out on Amazon - it looks great! Thanks for sharing.
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Re: Quilting Book for Children

Here is the MSQC link to get the book https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...angela-walters

I had the fun opportunity to meet with Angela and Cloe when they did the book release party at MSQC.

Comment

Working...
      X