Batting on sale- good deal or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batting on sale- good deal or not?

I just saw a special for today at Jo- Anns saying that their batting is 50% off. They show it as low as $5.99, and it looks like its for very large quantities. Have you ever gotten batting from them, and if so, which kind do you prefer? I usually buy the Warm variety, the cotton/ poly blend (80/20 I think) and would love to save money on it if possible. Please post you opinions so I can get some if this really is a good deal. Thanks.

Shop for Batting & Foam & Sewing products at Joann.com

Re: Batting on sale- good deal or not?

I don't order my batting from JoAnn's, so I can't help you with that. But, I did notice that for today only, there is a 20% off coupon and it works on sale batting too.

FLASH021

Comment

I didn't see this thread so answered over on the WIP thread first.

I'm not sure about shipping up to you, but I just ordered a bolt of Pellon 100 cotton quilt batting from walmart for just under $38.
      It's 90" wide and 9 yards long. I added enough things (that I did need) to my cart to reach the $50 free shipping. So for me that's equal to about $4 a yard, which is better than Joann's sale price.
      The 80/20 is even less than the 100% cotton.
      Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

Comment

I buy my batting at Connecting Threads when it's on sale 30% to 40% off. I always get free shipping because I order $50 or more.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I buy my batting from Joann's and have not had any problems. Depending on who is quilting my quilts for me. If I do them or a friend of mine does them I use the 80/20 blend. If I take them to a LQS and they do them she will only use the 100% Cotton Warm and Natural. Yes 50% is a great deal on the batting.

Comment

I think this is a good deal. I often use the Warm and Natural cotton batting, and just recently bought some Nature's Touch (by Pellon) cotton batting. Still, Sonic's deal from Walmart is even better, if it is available to you.
            If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I picked up twin 72x90 warm and natural batting cotton batting from JoAnn's yesterday for 15.89 on line. Today Connecting Threads had batting on sale and I picked up two Hobbs 80/20 queen size for I believe 16.99 each but I'm not sure because my order hasn't come up yet on their site so I can't recheck the amount. I had ordered one or two other things so I only have the total recorded in paypal and not by item. Anyway, at the time I thought Connecting Threads sale price was probably pretty good.
              https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
              Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I buy my batting from Connecting Threads too. I just got my latest box of goodies 5 minutes ago. Very good prices on the batting when it is on sale and (this is a big plus for me) CT ships to Canada! The price of shipping goes down to a good price once you spend $50. And I think shipping is free to Canada after you spend $100 -for a limited time.

Comment

Working...
                X