Fast and easy layer cake pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast and easy layer cake pattern

This is a free pattern at allpeoplequilt.com. It calls for 56 8.5" squares (4046 sq inch), a layer cake has 40 10" squares - 4000 sq inches. Definitely doable.

I'm super excited because I just ordered a Caroler layer cake and a black jelly roll.

http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/projects- ... yle_1.html
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Re: Fast and easy layer cake pattern

that is fast and easy!! and super cute too!! I have a layer cake of my all time fave line (Wonderland by Momo) so I may have to throw one of these together...hmmm.... Thanks for the link!!
    Michele

Comment

I've done this quilt a couple times. If you use a heavy fabric center instead of the batting (you have to make sure the fabric is colorfast), you'll get a nice warm couch blanket for the winter - plus it won't pucker when washed. I usually put 2-3 layers of thick heavy fabric that I get from the dollar-yard pile at my local fabric store - because it's not meant for quilting, you might want to wash the fabric first.
      sigpic

Comment

Love, love, love it! I will be making on similar to this also!! We will all have to share our pictures! I can't wait to see that Momo one Michelle!!

Comment

I've been looking for layer cake patterns but for some reason the link posted above did not work for me. Tried searching at the site but no results for layer cake. Help please?

Comment

Originally posted by annmarie View Post
            I've been looking for layer cake patterns but for some reason the link posted above did not work for me. Tried searching at the site but no results for layer cake. Help please?
            do a search for "big block style" (that's the name of the quilt)...you can also try on Moda's website..

http://www.modabakeshop.com/search/label/Layer%20Cake
            Michele

Comment

Thanks - that worked.

Comment

Working...
              X