Ruler for quilting straight lines on a DOMESTIC sewing machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruler for quilting straight lines on a DOMESTIC sewing machine

I just now learned about this ruler from LivingH2O, a quilter I follow at Craftsy.com You can use this ruler to FMQ quilt straight lines on a DOMESTIC sewing machine. Unbelievable you say? Watch the video. Skip ahead to minute 7:12 to see the application on a domestic sewing machine. I must acquire this ruler. Where have you been? How did I not know about you? How I have struggled without you.

Fine Line Quilter's Ruler LA and DSM Systems.wmv - YouTube
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Re: Ruler for quilting straight lines on a DOMESTIC sewing machine

This is awesome. Great find.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I was impressed by how well the demonstrator made each square the exact same size, with no markings. It 's a neat rule...Opps, I just dated myself...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I think I could use this. Which size do you think would be most useful. I'm wondering if the 12" would be harder to handle. Maybe the middle size? By the way, thanks. Great link!
        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Originally posted by easyquilts View Post
          I was impressed by how well the demonstrator made each square the exact same size, with no markings. It 's a neat rule...Opps, I just dated myself...
          LOL, at least you didn't say "NEATO" LOL!

I wish someone would come out with a ruler like that for a Baptist Fan design.

Comment

Originally posted by Slokarma View Post
            LOL, at least you didn't say "NEATO" LOL!.
            Or "it's the bees knees."

Comment

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
              I think I could use this. Which size do you think would be most useful. I'm wondering if the 12" would be harder to handle. Maybe the middle size? By the way, thanks. Great link!
              That's a great question. I bet you are right that the 12" would be harder to handle on a domestic sewing machine. I emailed the manufacturer to ask their advice on how to know which size to order. Does it depend on sewing machine throat size? The skill level of the user (beginner vs advanced). If I hear back from them I will let you know.

Personally I am leaning towards the medium 8" size.

Isn't amazing what they are coming up with?
              Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by Slokarma View Post
                I wish someone would come out with a ruler like that for a Baptist Fan design.
                This ruler for a baptist fan quilting motif only works on a long arm, not on a domestic sewing machine. Boy it sure is clever though

TopAnchor Quilting Tools - Baptist Fan rotating template demonstration - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
                  This ruler for a baptist fan quilting motif only works on a long arm, not on a domestic sewing machine. Boy it sure is clever though

TopAnchor Quilting Tools - Baptist Fan rotating template demonstration - YouTube
                  OMGosh I never knew such a thing exosted but now I have to have one!

Comment

Just put in my order for the 8 inch. I can see this being sooooo helpful for me as my vision isn't as good as it used to be, especially when the fabric and thread are a perfect match! I lose the quilting line and it is frustrating!!! Thank you so much for this post!
                    sigpicMy friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Comment

That is pretty cool!
                      :icon_wave:

Have a wonderful day!

Friend me on Facebook under Kelly Howell Faulconer

Comment

I have seen those at the Quilt Barn in Puyallup, but have never seen a demo before.
                        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Working...
                        X