Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enabler Alert! Brother has 0% financing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Enabler Alert! Brother has 0% financing!

Originally posted by Cat n bull View Post
    Just curious, what penalties are there through your bank if you don't pay as agreed?
    Well, can't say I could quote the precise details, but it was my understanding that you would pay a late fee and the balance would immediately go to a revolving charge with the balance due the next billing cycle, with the interest rate at 22%-28% applied if you chose not to pay the full balance due.

Mostly, I was always worried about the last payment, making sure I paid the complete payment down to the last penny, so I wouldn't have a balance due. Just finished paying off the AC this month-that was a 12 month deal through a local bank, and it isn't up till June. Glad to get that off my plate, since I just bought a sewing machine under the GE deal.

Same as any credit card deal, so I try to pay my balance each month!
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; March 13, 2014, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
      Well, can't say I could quote the precise details, but it was my understanding that you would pay a late fee and the balance would immediately go to a revolving charge with the balance due the next billing cycle, with the interest rate at 22%-28% applied if you chose not to pay the full balance due.

Mostly, I was always worried about the last payment, making sure I paid the complete payment down to the last penny, so I wouldn't have a balance due. Just finished paying off the AC this month-that was a 12 month deal through a local bank, and it isn't up till June. Glad to get that off my plate, since I just bought a sewing machine under the GE deal.

Same as any credit card deal, so I try to pay my balance each month!
      So, what machine did you get!

I just added a new machine to my herd. A Pfaff 130! I am so excited, he is going to arrive today!!

Edit:

OOPS! Got so excited about machines I forgot!

ANY time someone borrows money, it is in their best interests to follow their end of the agreement!
      Cathryn

Comment

So, what machine did you get!

I just added a new machine to my herd. A Pfaff 130! I am so excited, he is going to arrive today!!
        I got a Janome 8900 to replace a 7700. I have the sewing table that fit the Janome 7700, the 8900 has the same footprint, and no big learning curve, but has some good updated features. Plus I got a great trade in ( my 7700 had a dead motherboard!) and a great price to start with on the 8900, which had been purchased by the dealer for a class at a trade show, he wanted to unload it! It had about of 6 hours of use. I just went for it, rather than change brands. He also sells Pfaffs, I would have made that change if the good deal on the Janome wouldn't have presented itself. The new Janome was priced where I wanted to be for an upgrade. I assume ( with no information at all!) that I would have paid a lot more for a new Pfaff.

Enjoy your new Pfaff!

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
          I got a Janome 8900 to replace a 7700. I have the sewing table that fit the Janome 7700, the 8900 has the same footprint, and no big learning curve, but has some good updated features. Plus I got a great trade in ( my 7700 had a dead motherboard!) and a great price to start with on the 8900, which had been purchased by the dealer for a class at a trade show, he wanted to unload it! It had about of 6 hours of use. I just went for it, rather than change brands. He also sells Pfaffs, I would have made that change if the good deal on the Janome wouldn't have presented itself. The new Janome was priced where I wanted to be for an upgrade. I assume ( with no information at all!) that I would have paid a lot more for a new Pfaff.

Enjoy your new Pfaff!
          You can get some GREAT deals on trade show machines!

Too hard to say about prices on Pfaff's, all depends on what you want! But I have heard stellar things about the 8900, sweet machine!

Enjoy yours too! I am so anxious to get my new boy. Always taking a chance on a vintage machine bought online! Keeping my fingers crossed the seller comes through.
          Cathryn

Comment

Just curious, what penalties are there through your bank if you don't pay as agreed?
            The good thing about living in a small town and getting a personal loan thru your bank that you've been banking with for over 30 years is that the bank will go along with you if you're a few days late on your payment without any interest hike penalties...that being said, my payment is automatically taken out of my checking account on the 15th of every month so it's never late.
            TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

I got the zero interest financing with GE on my Babylock Crown Jewel. I set the account up online & also set up auto-debit from my savings account, cuz I knew I would always have enough there to cover the payment, so they are never late. I did that so I wouldn't have to worry about the post office being late with a payment. They also have the option for you to pay monthly online, rather than auto-debit if you like.
              It was worth it to me to get the longarm & not have to worry about penalties & interest charges.
              May the road rise up to meet you...
              May the wind be always at your back...
              May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
              Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I have had GE Home Designs for years, and have never had ANY of these issues. When you pay online, it IS your responsibility to understand the processing time. Some places have instant payment credited, some places have a few days wait. Just like if you pay by mail, it is YOUR responsibility to understand how long it will take to process your check. You agreed to have the payment CLEARED by the due date.

This is not new, or unique to GE. This is the way ALL billing works! If you know this particular one has a 28 day billing cycle, then there are NO surprises.

Of course everyone should read what they are signing and UNDERSTAND it before they take the money from the company.
                Me either. My statement due date never changes and my balance has no interest on it. I got 36 months 0% interest on my initial purchase of my husqvarna sewing machine! and we actually use their (GE) care credit card for medical purposes (deductible and large copay amounts) and get 0% interest in it as well,
                "You've never really learned to live until you've done something for someone for which they can never repay you." ~Ralph Hall

"Party like a BLOCK-STAR"

Comment

Working...
                X