Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of indelible ink pen do you use to sign your quilts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of indelible ink pen do you use to sign your quilts.

I was told that sharpies will wash out over time, so am wondering what kind of indelible ink should I use to sign my quilt label?

Re: What kind of indelible ink pen do you use to sign your quilts.

I use Pigma pens....purchased at local quilt shop....so I think many use these, too.

Comment

I also use the Pigma pens.
      ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I also use pigma. Got the first one at a quilting shop and then ordered a set of colors from the internet. I think it was Amazon.

Comment

I am not sure the that sharpies will wash out over time, but they will bleed out an oily halo around your writing. They also tend to bleed through the fabric.
          I have used either the Micron Pigma or the Zig Millennium pens. You can find them in the quilt shops or the scrapbooking sections of the craft stores.
          If you want to add color to your label you can use acrylic paints too. I would make sure that you are creating your label far from your quit if using the paints. It will bleed through the fabric some. Once it is dry, iron it and you can wash it just fine. There will be a bit of a fade for the first wash, but then it will hold, even without the fabric medium added.
          Happy quilting!
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by okiedee View Post
            I was told that sharpies will wash out over time, so am wondering what kind of indelible ink should I use to sign my quilt label?
            Thanks to all...I bought the Pigma pens in different sizes...and will use those..I so appreciate the help. Hugs, Dee

Comment

Working...
            X