Pat Sloan's Machine Binding Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pat Sloan's Machine Binding Tutorial

For those of you who haven't seen this tutorial, it's a good one. Using your machine to finish sewing on your binding instead of hand sewing it. She makes it look really easy.http://patsloan.typepad.com/quilters...-tutorial.html
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Re: Pat Sloan's Machine Binding Tutorial

She makes it look so easy, doesnt she? I tried this method on a table runner once...didnt look to bad for my first attempt. With practice, I think I could use this method on bigger projects...saves so much time!
    ~Mary
    As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

I do this on smaller projects (table runners and wall hangings) and also on baby quilts. I feel it is maybe more secure than the hand sewing for items that will be washed a lot like baby quilts. I still like the look of hand stitching on a big quilt. And really it does not take a lot of time. I will do it while watch TV in the evening with my husband.
      JVO

Comment

I need to get up the courage to try it! I wonder what color thread would be best if the binding and the border are different colors? Match the color to the binding or the border?
        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

It does look alot easier and not as time consuming. I think I will give it a try.

Thanks
          :icon_happy:Wicked

My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide :icon_wave:

Comment

It looks really nice, and theoretically it shouldn't be that hard to do. I think I would match my thread to my binding, unless I was sure my stitching was going to look good, in which case a contrasting decorative stitch would look nice. Hmmm... Good question, Rebecca, guess it would depend on the quilt and the quilter.
            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Working...
            X