ALTO sewing machine?? thoughts ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALTO sewing machine?? thoughts ???

Have any of you seen or heard of this new type of sewing machine??
    My DH thought it was cool.
    I was not so impressed. Personally, I do not thing sewing machines are ugly nor difficult to thread. Nor do I think the foot pedal is a deterrent for most people.
    The maker of it says she hopes more girls and women will sew because it is less complicated and easier to thread.
    It looks like it only has a straight stitch and maybe a zigzag.
    I wonder how well it sews?
    It uses pressure on the machine and no foot pedal, so maybe good for an RV or travelling?
    Thoughts??

Alto: An Intuitive Sewing Machine That Encourages "Make Do and Mending" | Ecouterre
    Happy Quilting!

Re: ALTO sewing machine?? thoughts ???

That is interesting looking, but I don't know how well I would like the pressure you need to apply to make it work. I think it would really bother my neck and shoulders.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

How would you apply pressure while you hold your fabric and guide it through?
      Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
        That is interesting looking, but I don't know how well I would like the pressure you need to apply to make it work. I think it would really bother my neck and shoulders.
        my thoughts exactly! and what would it do with bias seams??
        cannot really ease fabric when you are having to press down!
        I think it is really for the casual sewer who would only sew once in awhile
        Happy Quilting!

Comment

Is there a bobbin? If not, it would be doing a chain stitch. Very inventive idea and cool looking!

Comment

Working...
          X