Removing Rust from Fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Rust from Fabric

Awhile back I was making a white and red heart quilt and had it pinned but then left on vacation.
    When I came back home the pins had rusted and now there were rust spots on my white fabric.
    I finished quilting the top and went about trying to remove the rust. I tried everything I could think of
    over a three year time period and had given up when I was reading a review on a product called
    Whink Rust Stain Remover (Whink 01281 Rust Stain Remover : Amazon.com : Automotive) about how a lady removed some rust from a shirt. Long
    story short I tried it and to my delight I worked. Then I tried it on another piece of multi-colored
    fabric and it worked again and did not remove any of the color from my red fabric. So if you are
    looking for a great product to remove rust from fabric this is it and it only took 3 drops per spot.

Re: Removing Rust from Fabric

Thanks for the tip! The same thing happened to me on a blue and white quilt. Still a UFO right now, but maybe now I can get it out again

I'm over on Kauai
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I use salt and lemon juice. But I have used other Whink products for stain removal and they really do work.
      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I keep Whink around for all kinds of things. Caution though - don't use it in a stainless steel sink - it will change the finish . . .
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Whink has been one of my laundry room staples for many years. The other is Ronsonal lighter fluid (located with tobacco products) to remove oil or grease spots before laundering the item with detergent.

Comment

Working...
          X