Free Motion Quilting Tips Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Motion Quilting Tips Blog

I found this blog with some tips for FMQ. Love that she said not to worry if you can never learn Stippling!! That sure makes me feel better!
    http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/
    Patti
    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Re: Free Motion Quilting Tips Blog

Thanks for sharing, Patti!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

This is a great site. I love how she explains how to do each design. It's a lot of sewing on a large quilt but if you learn the hard designs, I'm sure it will make less complicated one's very easy to do.
      Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
      "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

WOW! thanks for posting this! I am just learning and this is so amazing... and SO HELPFUL!! Thank you!

Comment

This link was posted in another thread topic, but would be great here too!

http://www.patsythompsondesigns.com/free-video/

Lots of great advice on FMQ...gives me the courage to try the FMQ on bigger projects.
          ~Mary
          As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Mary, what a coincidence! I found the Patsy Thompson videos last night when browsing around...and I loved them! I've saved a couple I didn't get to, but really liked her patient style.
            Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
            Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

I took a class with Harriet Hargrove a few years back and she told us if you practice free motion quilting every night for 15-20 minutes, you will get the knack. I did and I did. I can do stippling in my sleep. So start practicing.
              Susan

Comment

Thanks for the additional link posted! What a great way to spray baste a quilt!
                I struggle with my FMQ because I don't do it often enough. The idea to practice every night is a good one that I am going to start doing!
                Last edited by patticakes; May 15, 2011, 09:07 AM.
                Patti
                "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Working...
                X