Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Large and easy block from 3 patches + interesting curvy approach from Alicia Merret on Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angela Ryerse-Multhaupt
    replied
    Re: Large and easy block from 3 patches + interesting curvy approach from Alicia Merret on Youtube

wow that youtube video was neat..i will try this and see how it turns out! Thanks for finding the video..I enjoyed watching it.

Leave a comment:

• Emmari
    replied
    Re: Large and easy block from 3 patches + interesting curvy approach from Alicia Merret on Youtube

Just finished the two blocks of curvy but be a lot wiser than me: REMEMBER that when putting one stripy on top of the other that the color stripes must NOT match but be opposites... LOL Was able to fix it with the "use one of the curves as a ruler on the other piece of fabric".... Me and my scatterbrain.
    Oh well, learned my lesson now!

It is late evening in Norway so I will continue tomorrow.

mrswindy4 - that sounds brilliant!

Hugs from Eva Mari
    Last edited by Emmari; March 21, 2011, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pdjewelrylady
    replied

Originally posted by sewhot View Post
    We have ordered some black fabric with scissors on it a few weeks ago! Should be in the shop soon!
    AWESOME - keep us "in the know" - would be perfect for binding the fan swap block projects we are all getting ready to make!! yay!!

Leave a comment:

• mrswindy4
    replied

Originally posted by Loonwatcher View Post
    THank you for the links. I'm definately going to try the curvy lines. I'm seeing a curvy striped table runner in my future.
    I'm envisioning a curvy American Flag...like its blowing in the wind
    (Just ordered some die-cut stars off eBay for this future project)

Leave a comment:

• patticakes
    replied

Love this inspiration! Thank for sharing it!

Leave a comment:

• Loonwatcher
    replied

THank you for the links. I'm definately going to try the curvy lines. I'm seeing a curvy striped table runner in my future.

Leave a comment:

• Emmari
    replied

Originally posted by gloria View Post
    Eva Mari

Love your fabrics, be sure to post a pic when the tote is done. Thanks for the Your Tube connection. I had never seen her work before. Think I will give it a try someday. Looks like a fun way to make a background . Gloria
    I'm itching to quilt that tote! I'm away from home right now so have to be patient.... Yikes! LOL

We have ordered some black fabric with scissors on it a few weeks ago! Should be in the shop soon!
    Awesome!

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
    YAY!
    I have a thing for whimsy in fabric and that sure has the fun whimsy going on. Looking forward to checking it out!

Originally posted by mrswindy4 View Post
    AWESOME!!! I'll wait until you get it in before I order some! (I'm still trying to get that autograph from Jenny on my invoice...lol)
    *Contemplating the dangers of an in depth dive into the store...*

Leave a comment:

• mrswindy4
    replied

AWESOME!!! I'll wait until you get it in before I order some! (I'm still trying to get that autograph from Jenny on my invoice...lol)

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

YAY!
    I have a thing for whimsy in fabric and that sure has the fun whimsy going on. Looking forward to checking it out!

Leave a comment:

• sewhot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gloria
    replied

Eva Mari

Love your fabrics, be sure to post a pic when the tote is done. Thanks for the Your Tube connection. I had never seen her work before. Think I will give it a try someday. Looks like a fun way to make a background . Gloria

Leave a comment:

• Emmari
    replied

Originally posted by mrswindy4 View Post
    Oh my....I LOVE that black scissor fabric!! Do you happen to know who made it?
    The blocks look real simple to make...I might be able to do them!!

Heading to youtube now to watch the videos1 Thanks for posting them!

This is a Makower fabric, that I bought
    HERE

They have this version as well,
    if you prefer a more bright impression.

I know many designers and manufacturers have sewing notions lines, so will def check out Moda.

The stash fabrics are also Makower but bought on line at The Cotton Patch

Thank you for commenting in the thread, ladies!

Hugs from Eva Mari
    Last edited by Emmari; March 17, 2011, 05:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

Those are truly awesome..... amazing and gorgeous.. thanks for sharing

and MrsWindy ..... I believe the scissor fabric is from Moda's Half Moon.

Hugs
    Mia

Leave a comment:

• SuzyQue
    replied

I love the thread fabric! Rich colors! Nice! SuzyQue

Leave a comment:

• mrswindy4
    replied

I just became a fan of Alicia Merret and contemporary quilts!! I've never thought about doing a contemporary quilt before...but it does look fascinating and intriguing!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X