Swa-weeettt!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swa-weeettt!!!!!!!

My experience yesterday came by quite an accident, but woo hoo!!!!! I was doing some thrift shopping for flat queen and king size bed sheets to back my quilts with. Yes, I am very frugal! And I gave $7.00 yesterday at a thrift store for 4 very nice gently used flat sheets. I went to a little shop here in Lee's Summit called Mary Margaret's Home Fashions. This is a store that takes in donated or consignment home d├ęcor and resells. They have very nice things, but nothing I wanted in bed sheets. Then, the clerk stated, Had I heard of a new little shop that opened here in Lee's Summit called Fabric Recycles? I stated that I hadn't heard of it and he told me where it was.....
    OMG! I walked into this little shop where there is a long arm machine to have your quilts quilted (or take a class and rent time to do it yourself), isles and isles of donated or consignment fabric. They offer quilt classes. I spent at least an hour in the store looking around and asking tons of questions. They also have another location in Overland Park ,KS. But come to find out, the owner has made a way for crafting and sewing to be affordable. A great idea....I am planning on planting a seed to my hubby? I want the long arm quilting course to do my quilts myself for my upcoming birthday!!!!!!!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Re: Swa-weeettt!!!!!!!

Now thats a great shopping day!!!
    Amy

Jeremiah 29:11

http://pinterest.com/acct97531/quilts-to-make/

Daughter of Tobeysmama

Comment

What an awesome find; lucky you!

Comment

That is just wonderful, I hope you get those classes for your birthday!
        Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

I have asked for those at my LQS too, but the family hasn't gotten the hint. I like the recycle/consignment idea!
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Wow, that's awesome! Hope you get the classes. That's such a great idea for people that can't afford or don't have room for a long arm. Great find!
            Cil
            A quilt is a blanket of love
            http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
            http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

What a great find! Enjoy.... I wish we had a store like that around here...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Congrats!! looking for those kinds of stores and deals around here. So far no stores, but I do find some deals ever so often. Snatch them up while ya can.. and Hope that Birthday finds you taking a class.
                Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                :icon_wave:

Comment

Aw, Sherri, you lucky, lucky woman! Fabulous find on the sheets at the thrift store, [7 bucks for FOUR?! that's my kind of deal!] and oh my, what a wonderful and novel idea for a recycled fabrics shop, I love everything about it from the long-arm, to the consignments, to the donated fabrics. I hope they do very well and are around for a long time for you.
                  sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

What a great idea, wish they had one of those around here.
                    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Yeah Sherri!!! Sounds like a wonderful day snagging 4 sheets at a great price, then finding a very cool new store!! Good luck getting those classes -- a BIG NOTE dropped on the table may help :-) Sounds great to get some quilting done inexpensive! Yahooo what a sweet day you had!
                      Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

What a fun place to visit!
                        Donna

Comment

I told my youngest daughter about the Fabric Recycle store last night and she demand she just had to go see it today....we picked up a NY Junior pattern to make a 7th grade dance dress for $0.99 and the 4 yards of fabric for the dress came to $16.00...Wow!
                          Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

You are lucky to have places like that. Congrats!!!
                            Good friends are like quilts, they age with you but, never lose their warmth

Lori

Comment

What a wonderful idea for a store. I sure hope the idea catches on. We have a store similar to that in Grass Valley, CA. It offers fabric, sewing notions, and maybe knitting items. It's not too big. Unfortunately it doesn't have the emphasis on quilts, classes, and all that goes with it. My LQS offers classes in the longarm and after the large quilt I wrestled with on my machine recently, my goal is to take the class next year. It is an expensive undertaking though. Enjoy the store. I'm sure you'll be making many trips back there.

Comment

Working...
                              X