X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for doing applique - neat

http://zuill.us/andreablog/2008/07/2...ique-tutorial/
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Re: Ideas for doing applique - neat

Thanks Sandy! Just bookmarked it. This is a really good reference for applique. I've only done one quilt with applique and it was ages ago. I'm hoping to do some more but maybe not a bed quilt. The one I did was the sunbonnet sue quilt for my older daughter's full-size bed. It really wasn't as bad as I thought. I've got a pattern for a mini-quilt done with small blocks of different flowers. I really want to give that one a whirl, along with all my other gazillion plans for projects. haha.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I am starting a quilt that has applique in it and need all the help I can get.
      Suzette

Comment

I also ran across a link where the quilter used 'used' dryer sheets and sewed her applique pieces on, then trimmed with 1/4 inch allowance, cut a slit in the dryer sheet and turned inside out then appliqued. I'm not sure how the dryer sheet would react if the quilt was washed later though . . . The only applique I have done in the past was needle turned and it took quite awhile. Also was from a kit and the fabric wasn't so great. I probably will have to do one with a good quality fabric so I can say I've really done some applique.
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Wow sandy what a great idea! I'll have to try that on my orange peel wall hanging and see what it does. Thanks for the tip. Hugs, Jan L
          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

What a great way to recycle! I don't see why it wouldn't be successful. Hey, think how good your quilt will smell. LOL
            Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Working...
            X