Does anyone have this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have this

Im thinking of ordering this. Wondering if anyone has used it and what you think. I think Im liking it http://www.youtube.com/user/SundayBestQuiltworks
    Patrice

Re: Does anyone have this

That's impressive! I don't think I would ever use it though...I'm not really a half-square triangle kind of girl. The less cutting I have to do the better. But for somebody that does a lot of piecing, that would certainly make things a lot easier.

Comment

I love the stencils, but they're kind of expensive. If the cost isn't an issue, I'd say go for it. If I was planning to do lots and lots of half square triangles I might still consider making the investment in the stencils, however.....

I discovered when doing foundation piecing that children's tracing paper works really well. I take the pattern and print it onto the tracing paper as many times as necessary for my quilt. I buy it in the children's art supplies section at Walmart. (cheap) It actually goes through our photocopier machine. And you're wondering why I'm talking about paper piecing, right? Well....

The next project I do that requires a number of half-square triangles, I'm going to print out one of the grids that can be found on-line or draw my own. I'll photocopy the grid onto the tracing paper. If it's not too time-consuming to use, I'll probably stick with it since I can make a grid for any size half-square triangles I would need. Also, using the tracing paper photocopies eliminates tracing lines onto the fabric. Just pin the tracing paper pattern onto the fabric and sew on the appropriate lines.
      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I have used both the Thangles and Triangles On A Roll to make HST blocks.

I fully stand behind the Thangles as the way to go. They use a method where they use strips (I love working with strips) and you can quickly assembly line stitch them without moving fabric or pivoting.

The TOAR product works under the same premise of the Thangles, but you have to pivot and shift your fabric, which to me means more time wasted and more hassle.
        Michele

Comment

That's pretty darn impressive. Triangles are too small for my taste but I could see adapting it.
          Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
          "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

I have a set of PDF templates that came on a CD called Triangulations. It is very similar to this except for two slight differences. First, you just pick your finished block size and print out the appropriate template on your own paper. Second, the sewing is one continuous line. You never break the thread until you are completely finished with the set.

I made a bunch of quilted rice bags for Christmas this year and used my Triangulations templates. It was fast, fun and easy.
            --
            Mrs. Simmons

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X