I just ran across this. pretty neat idea for the D9
    Patrice

Re: Another version of the D9 block

http://sisselsydilla.blogspot.com/20...ectangles.html
    here is another one on the same site using rectangles in the d9
    Patrice

Comment

Both sites were very interesting. Thanks for sharing. They look very easy don't they? I love Pearl bee site. I made three little boy ties using their tut. on making them.
      Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

these are very interesting!! thanks for the link!

cu&hugs
        carmen
        hugs and Happy quilting :icon_hug:

Carmen ;) from Germany, Rentweinsdorf

Check out my blog: www.bambine007.blog.de

Comment

That first one where you cut across diagonally through the large square you can do the same thing across the other two corners and it gives you a whole different look again, both ways are really neat. I have seen the rectangle one before and like a lot of other things, I want to do one but it has to wait till some other things are finished first.
          Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Thanks for sharing those links, Patrice, I especially like the first one, and added it to my mental list of things to try!
            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

This is why I love the D9...there's so many options! I saw a version I loved the other day and I can't seem to find it. boo.

What she did was cut the 9 patch in quarters like normal, but then she took two of the smaller blocks and put them right sides together with the center squares at opposite ends. She then cut the block from point to point, though the center square points. So she had large triangles. When she put them together there was a really cool pattern that emerged.

I know my description does not do justice...man, I wish I could remember where I saw that.
              Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
              Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Was it on the Quilting Board site? I saw one on there that sounds like that.

Comment

4Grands, that's it! I did a search on the quilting board and found it!

Here's the link - D9P All Shook Up
                  Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Great link! Thanks, Summer!
                    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

These are great links! I have never done a D9P, now I know how! Thanks so much for sharing!!
                      ~Laurie

Comment

Very nice Summer, that uses the first cut that Patrice had and the opposite one that I mentioned and puts them together rather than using a plain fabric with them...very clever. Thankyou for the link, I love these clever people.
                        Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

You're welcome! I would never have thought of some of these ideas. It makes me want to play around with other blocks too.
                          Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Great links Patrice and Summer. I had seen the one on the QB before but not the bloggers DP9. Fun to explore possibilities.
                            Sewing mends the soul.
                            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Thanks so much Summer. It's amazing what people come up with..I love it and will be trying that as soon as I get my package in from MSQC. You made my day
                              Patrice

Comment

Working...
                              X