Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHECK OUT THIS IT IS CALLED PINMOOR!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHECK OUT THIS IT IS CALLED PINMOOR!!!!!

I was out checking my email and I get stuff from Quilt in A Day and she has this on her site as a new product. I just thought it was interesting.

Of course all things that might get my attention come when I am broke as a glass on the floor!!!!

www.pinmoor.com

see what ya all think!!
    Jan G
    Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
    THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
    :lol:

Re: CHECK OUT THIS IT IS CALLED PINMOOR!!!!!

Thanks, Jan for the web site. It is cool! And I just spent the last of my gift certificates for Christmas at Joanns. Now I'm like that glass on the floor you spoke of lol. I did good though. I got all my fabric for the block swap, a 12 x 12" rotating cutting mat, some new blades and a circle ruler. I was lucky and hit the sales and also used 50% off coupons. The mat was 70% off. So I got some good deals. I love gift certificates to Joanns and any other quilt store. YAY! Have a great rest of the day and try to stay warm, a real problem at -10 degrees with a wind chill I don't even want to think of. lol Hugs, Jan L
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

I haven't purchased these yet but remember a few months back when our Carol_Ann recommended them. I have watched that video over and over and am just fascinated.
      Let me know how you like them. Carol_Ann is over the moon for them.
      Sewing mends the soul.
      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I had seen this site before and they are the same as some pre-formed foam pieces I bought at Michaels a couple years ago for a different type project. I can't remember what I paid for them at Michaels but when I saw PinMOOR I thought I'd check out the craft stores and see if they couldn't be purchased cheaper if they weren't designed specifically for this reason . . . does that make sense?

BTW as I was doing some hand-quilting I last night I realized why some people would use PinMoor and others use SAFETY pins. I had numerous blood loses . . .
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I love the broke as glass on the floor, that is where I am now!! So, because I could not afford to purchase these fabulous Pinmoors, I made my own out of round foam insulation purchased at the hardware store. I was able to get 300 of the foam pieces out of 20 feet of insulation. The material of the insulation is probably not as nice as the Pinmoors, but it does the job for me for now.
          ~Laurie

Comment

Originally posted by Keepstitchin View Post
            I love the broke as glass on the floor, that is where I am now!! So, because I could not afford to purchase these fabulous Pinmoors, I made my own out of round foam insulation purchased at the hardware store. I was able to get 300 of the foam pieces out of 20 feet of insulation. The material of the insulation is probably not as nice as the Pinmoors, but it does the job for me for now.
            That's a great idea! I've seen this b4 too, & I tried using ear plugs I get from work...but they only come 2 to a pack....your idea is WAY better!
            If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so surprised.

Comment

Hi Jan, Thanks for the information. I watched the video. Looks like a great idea but I thought they were really expensive. Maybe I can get someone to buy them for me as a gift.!!

Comment

I wonder if you could use those little packing peanuts? I always throw those away and then wish I had kept them for something!

Comment

Originally posted by tamsterg7 View Post
                  I wonder if you could use those little packing peanuts? I always throw those away and then wish I had kept them for something!
                  If you try the peanuts let us know if they work. I'm wondering if they will break when inserting the pin.
                  Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I'm so impressionable . . . is that what I mean to say? I got on my favorite search engine last night and ordered 200 ear plugs - same material as the pinmoor - for less than $15.00. Now I'm wondering if I will ever use that many . . .

Comment

The Pinmoors look great but they are a little pricy. The ear plugs sound like a good idea.
                      Elaine:icon_wave:

Comment

Thanks for the website. I like the idea of packaging peanuts and ear plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                          I'm so impressionable . . . is that what I mean to say? I got on my favorite search engine last night and ordered 200 ear plugs - same material as the pinmoor - for less than $15.00. Now I'm wondering if I will ever use that many . . .
                          Would you mind sharing what site you purchased the ear plugs from? Thanks!
                          Leisa
                          From ~ Gateway to Yosemite Nat'l Park, CA

Comment

Originally posted by ChatterboxQuilter View Post
                            Would you mind sharing what site you purchased the ear plugs from? Thanks!
                            http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/
                            http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net...ear-plugs.html

I ordered 200 - but must warn you that they come individually packaged. I was surprised when they came yesterday. I'll have to spend some sit-down time cutting open little cellophane bags. But, they work GREAT!! I have way more than I anticipate needing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                              http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/
                              http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net...ear-plugs.html

I ordered 200 - but must warn you that they come individually packaged. I was surprised when they came yesterday. I'll have to spend some sit-down time cutting open little cellophane bags. But, they work GREAT!! I have way more than I anticipate needing.
                              Thank you so much. I was thinking that also about being to many. But, I figure I can share them with my cousin and a friend. Appreciate your help! Hugs!
                              Leisa
                              From ~ Gateway to Yosemite Nat'l Park, CA

Comment

Working...
                              X