X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blind quilter

This truly inspired me!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lfaS...ature=youtu.be
    If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so surprised.

Re: blind quilter

Plix, what a wonderful video you have blessed us with. This lady is truly an inspiration and makes me wonder what I have done with all of my time. I have added this video to my favorites list so it will be easy for me to find and watch over and over again.
    I have the same opinion as her and want the quilts I have started and ones that are in the planning stages to be used and well loved.
    Thank You so much for giving us this gift today!
    Lola
    :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

what a wonderful video...truly inspiring...thank you for sharing!!
      Michele

Comment

Wow! She is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing this, plix...I've been blessed and inspired.
        Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
        Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Guess what guys, that video could have been my Aunt Marion 40 years ago. She is soon to be 87. She even looks like Diane. My Aunt cooks, cleans, knitted, sewed by hand, made bombs during the 2nd world war, writes poetry, music, plays the organ, piano, accordion, and the harp. Her house was spotless at all times. She had an all white kitchen and it gleamed, just as her kitchen does now. Because of heart and stroke problems and arthritis she had to move to an assisted living apartment complex but still maintains her own place.
          She knows which pill to take when, she has her clothes color coordinated and keeps track of what goes with what. She is an amazing person. As was my Dad who was a minister, and my Grandfather and my Grandmother, both held jobs, my Grandfather was an engineer and all of them were blind. Aunt Marion is the last of her family. There were times that people thought that they could see cause they moved with such grace. My Aunt and my Dad were both wonderful cooks. I can't believe how much Diane looks like my Aunt. Same hair and everything. Amazing!
          They were all my heros. God bless them. They let nothing get in thier way. Thanks for the video.
          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Wow! Talk about an inspiration.

One of the things that has always concerned me as I get older is what I would do if my eyes went. This lady has shown me the way! Now I know that I don't have to stop doing what I love just because I might not see too good.

Thank you so much for sharing that!

-M
            Last edited by mbrwfy; January 19, 2011, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Oh my Lord! that is truly one inspirational lady,she's amazing.Puts the lazy folks to shame doesn''t it.?Thats a lesson to teenagers today, who don't know how to cook ,clean, or sew.
              Thanks for sharing this it lifted my spirits today.
              Quilting is good therapy.

Comment

What an amazing woman, thanks for sharing, Plix!
                There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Truly an amazing woman! Thank you for sharing the video!

I used to watch this show. Great stories about people and this was truly a memorable one. I will watch it many more times I'm sure! I always wanted his job!
                  Shelia

Comment

Well, hush my mouth! Incredible. Thank you for sharing.
                    Sewing mends the soul.
                    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Wow! I can't believe she quilts and she is blind . How does she keep from sewing her fingers? May God bless her! Thanks for sharing her.
                      Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

What an inspiring video! Thank you so much for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                        X