Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another quilt as you go idea

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-60764-1.htm
    what do you think? looks not too complicated. maybe a good way to use the stash...
    If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so surprised.

Re: Another quilt as you go idea

oops...too late to edit that. (I get timed out a lot too)
    Here's another idea for scraps (selvedges)
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-55244-1.htm

Comment

Thanks for sharing - love both of those ideas. I keep spending so much time on this forum ( . . . and ebay . . . ) that I forget about some of the other sites.

I'm working on a strip quilt as you go now - will share later on.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I have made two quilts using this method, except I hand sewed all of the sashing strips on the top of the quilt. They turned out very nice! My daughters loved them!
        Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I have made a huge one of the strings for my bed this way. It was easy to do; only difficulty was the bulkiness toward the end on the machine. LOL. GREAT scrap buster

Above is a terribly blurry pic from this terrible photographer. Thank goodness the quilt is nicer and warmer than the picture is clear.
          Last edited by Blondie; January 16, 2011, 08:19 AM. Reason: left a word out
          Sewing mends the soul.
          sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
          Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
          ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

wonderful!!
            Michele

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
              Above is a terribly blurry pic from this terrible photographer. Thank goodness the quilt is nicer and warmer than the picture is clear.
              Love your quilt, Blondie. BTW you are only allowed so many 'spot-on' talents in a lifetime. Looks like you may have gotten near your limit . . . you can be a photographer or a quilter . . . and we all appreciate the fact that you've excelled in quilting. Besides, we wouldn't notice any blurriness in your picture. At least I felt it was a design feature.

Hugs . . . love your quilt!!
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I have made a huge one of the strings for my bed this way. It was easy to do; only difficulty was the bulkiness toward the end on the machine. LOL. GREAT scrap buster

I love the accent flowers you appliqued on top! You did a beautiful job! maybe I will try one after all...

Comment

I checked out the second site suggested and the leaves on the hot mats were beautiful. Putting that on my list. So far I only have five (5) things added to my to-do list with all the other things I want to make.
                  Blondie, love your quilt! Looks like you worked long and hard on that.
                  Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

That pattern or idea was the very first quilt I made with my 2 daughters then 10 and 8. I will have to search for my pictures.

Comment

funny you should post this Blondie - I was thinking of doing "scrappy strings" blocks for the next swap!!
                      Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                      hugs, Suzi
                      http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                      it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Ooooh - scrappy strings - I just might have to sign up for that one! Blondie, I really like yours.

Hugs,
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Hi ladies
                          I love scrappy string things. This really didn't take too long to do. I cut 10 in blocks out of muslin and just did the strings - pulled out of a bag, no rhyme or reason or coordinating. More fun for my ADD brain. I made it HUGE. I have a queen bed and it could easy fit a California king. LOL. I enjoyed putting difficult appliques on it very scattered. My personal touch of whimsy. I lined it with flannel. Since it was foundation pieced and I didn't want to have it TOO heavy, I used no batting. The flannel, muslin foundation and fabric strips make it heavy enough and warm. I quilted by hand and did the binding by hand. It was far too ponderous for me to consider doing on my machine. Went together very quickly once I had it pinned together. I was working on this at the same time I was finishing up the log cabin for my Daddy.
                          I have washed it already and it is just perfect in the soft and cozy dept.
                          Sewing mends the soul.
                          sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                          Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                          ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Love it blondie very colourful I must say.
                            Quilting is good therapy.

Comment

Count me in on the scrappy strings swap!

Great job on your quilt also I love quilt as you go! I wish I would have done my youngest daughter's Christmas quilt as a quilt as you go... I am still quilting it

Comment

Working...
                              X