Practice makes perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Practice makes perfect

I'm pretty new at this quilting thing, so this is a great find for me. Maybe some of you will find it kind of interesting too.
    This is a link to pre printed skill building practice panels: panels you can...well...practice quilting different patterns on to increase confidence & ability. Have any of you seen or used these? I'm thinking it's a good way to learn. I've just been straight stitching mostly, or stitching on designs I've drawn on paper with an old needle in my machine for practice. But this looks more like the 'real' thing. Any thoughts?
    https://www.baysidequilting.com/stor...idproduct=4540
    If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so surprised.

Re: Practice makes perfect

It looks kinda cool to me. If I had extra $$ I might try it. Let us know if you do try it and what you think of it.
    Patti
    Patti
    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

What a great idea! If you try it do let me know how you like it. One of my LQS carries a few "cheater" panels and I know one suggestion to hone machine skills was to quilt those. They aren't made with practice in mind, and don't have the markings and suggestions that these have.
      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

That's really neat. I may consider doing this.
        Lin

Comment

Working...
        X