X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a Quilted Heart

I think this is a cool idea.
    Hearts | I Found A Quilted Heart

Is anyone familiar with this? We painted rocks and left them all over town hoping to bring smiles to people but, I like this idea better. Another use for scraps

My sister who doesn't sew wants some for her and her grand daughter to put out , then look and see if anyone post a picture on the site .

We need more people smiling!!
    Last edited by TMP; July 2, 2021, 05:48 PM.
    Teresa
    Pelham, Alabama
    War Eagle!!!

What a fun idea…
    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I’ve read about this movement. I don’t get out to places other than stores and you can’t leave them in retail places. I think it’s a cute project. Read the FAQ section on the link for more info.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• TMP
        TMP commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm thinking places like the park

That is a really cute idea. Thanks for the link.
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Yes! I made several and left them all over town. They disappeared, but I never found out where they went. No matter, it was fun to do. -- whoops, I take that back. I just re-checked the website and one of my 'finders' posted to show that they found my heart! Now it's even more fun!!

Comment

• TMP
          TMP commented
          Editing a comment
          That is cool someone found yours!

I think I'm going to make like 3 a piece for the grandkids to leave and maybe a couple for my sister and her grand daughter to put out. Grands would love this
        Last edited by TMP; July 2, 2021, 07:50 PM.
        Teresa
        Pelham, Alabama
        War Eagle!!!

Comment

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          It would be a great project for your grands, too.

I love the idea .. random acts of kindness and all. I also like you all's idea of having the children drop them in places. Good practice for teenagers. And what a great use for scraps and those dull sewing days when we want to sew but aren't up to a big project.
        I'm having trouble thinking of where to leave them that are not retail spaces but I'm sure that as I wonder thru the next few weeks I will be inspired. I may not realize how many places they could be left. Dropped on the ground in parking lots don't seem like a great place for a heart, but perhaps better than none.
        success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
        Terry of NC

Comment

I have followed them on FB for a few years but I haven't made one yet.
          So. Illinois just south of St Louis County

Comment

Hmm thinking it would be something I leave places while on vacation.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I have never heard of this and I love the idea!!!! I just might make some and leave some around the college (where I am retired from) during my morning walks.

Retha

Comment

What a neat idea! That would be a great project for grandkids!

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                  I'm having trouble thinking of where to leave them that are not retail spaces. Dropped on the ground in parking lots don't seem like a great place for a heart.
                  Most of them look like they're put together with a loop of some kind, so you can hang it. How about on a tree branch near a walking trail? Or put it on a doorknob, a bike handle, over an antenna on a car, a mailbox, leave it on a park bench or maybe on a chair at your hair or nail salon... I can think of a thousand places to put it.

Comment

I made 5 of them for my granddaughter to put out on our trip to the coast. We would sneak back by and see if they were picked up. One was made of batman fabric and a button sewn on it that said Be Happy. It was gone really fast.
                    Teresa
                    Pelham, Alabama
                    War Eagle!!!

Comment

• grammaterry
                      grammaterry commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh that is so cool.

• Wishaway
                      Wishaway commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What a fun idea to add a cute button! I made half a dozen to send with my grands when they went on vacation last week and now we will watch the website to see if any are posted. I will look for buttons today to add to the next batch, thanks for the idea!!

There is also a Facebook page that people post their pics on so it is not just the website pics. I found that people use FB much quicker?

Comment

Working...
                    X