X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new idea for borders

I thought this was pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmNiphogcEQ
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

That is a very cute idea!

Comment

Thanks for that link. I like that a lot. Even if you don't need the extra piece for the length of the border, it makes for an interesting & good eye appeal around the border for a cool, different look.
      Texas

Comment

sometimes i hate my computer. I almost couldn't get back in here but finally figured it out. things keep changing! anyway thanks for that. i will definitely use that tip soon. She sewed the strips onto the border fabric differently than i thought she would. still great tip!!!

Comment

Thanks for posting! I came across this late last night on YouTube while I was prepping for bed and immediately filed it under, "Why didn't I think of this before?"
          Theda :icon_wave:

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
          "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

Comment

Thanks for adding this video. I saw it a long time ago and forgot to bookmark it. Now I will be able to save it!
            No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
            Aesop

Comment

I have never seen this method thanks for posting the link. I tried to see if she quilted down the strip or quilted around it. I wonder how you would handle the quilting in the area of the strips ?
              Teresa
              Pelham, Alabama
              War Eagle!!!

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                Claire Hallman commented
                Editing a comment
                I made a little flange like this between the body and border of a quilt and just stitched in the ditch by it and fmq the border avoiding the flange.

Thanks for posting, Monique. That's a really good idea.
              Maria
              Alberta, Canada

Comment

Love this idea. Thanks for sharing.
                Carlie

Comment

Creative solution to the problem!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X