Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt P:atterns 3rd edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt P:atterns 3rd edition

Once while watching Quilty on YouTube, Mary Fons mentioned Barbara Brackman's book The Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns. I had never heard of it, and a search didn't turn up any used copies for a price I was willing to pay. Fortunately, I found that the book, in its second edition, was available as a download, so I bought it. It contains over 4,000 quilt patterns and a very detailed introduction on the history of quilting in America. For a historical nerd like myself, I was in heaven. The only thing I didn't care for was that Brackman's drawings were in black and white.

Electric Quilt has announced that it will be teaming with Brackman to bring out a third edition of her book in printed format. What I find even more exciting is that the drawings in this version will be in color. They are offering it at 30 percent off of the $59 list price. Plus, there is a program called BlockBase that EQ will be selling that has ALL 4000+ blocks in an electronic format that one can also print out rotary cutting instructions, etc. It won't be available until Spring of 2021, and the price is TBD. My understanding of the software is that it's standalone. However, anyone who owns EQ8 will be able to use the blocks as part of their quilt patterns.

This is exciting news! Brackman's book is such a fantastic resource for quilters. While I'm not sure I will immediately get the book (since I already own the second edition), I definitely plan to get the software. Here is the link to the EQ8 blog post talking about this.

Rob

https://doyoueq.com/blog/2020/10/400...way-youd-like/
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

This is exciting news for you, Rob!
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

That's really cool! I just bought one of my dd's a reference book on hand embroidery stitches for Christmas.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

I actually have that book.
      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

• ktdid
        ktdid commented
        Editing a comment
        You didn't bother to mention I gave that to you for free!! and then you turned very snippy

• auntstuff
        auntstuff commented
        Editing a comment
        How rude. I can send it back if you just want to use it to beat me over the head constantly.

Shirley, you didn't bother to mention I gave that to you for free!! and then you turned very snippy
      Kathryn
      There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

• auntstuff
        auntstuff commented
        Editing a comment
        How rude. I can send it back if you just want to use it to beat me over the head constantly. By "snippy" you mean I have my own opinions and you don't like that?
    Working...
    X